I own the world

Started by Contessa, August 28, 2016, 12:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Contessa

Just found a tonne of courage. Granted it took a couple of wines, but i'm sobering up and still have it. I've decided that i'm taking my life back.

I own the world, and everything in it. The ground I walk on is mine, so I can walk anywhere. My workplace is mine, so I can go wherever I want, and talk to whomever I please. My friends are mine, so I will talk to all of them.

So. The guy who screwed me over, and shares office space with me... is mine. Our friends, are my friends. Our colleagues, are my colleagues. The after work drinks we both attend are my after work drinks. I'm not backing away any more, because its all mine. And he is just going to have to deal with it.

My friends are going to know me from me, and not through the tales of his character assassination. I was here first after all.

Wish me luck
:)

Dutch Uncle

Quote from: Contessa on August 28, 2016, 12:00:03 PM
My friends are going to know me from me, and not through the tales of his character assassination.
:applause:

Three Roses

sanmagic7

Contessa

Update: I've put off owning the world for two days now. Nervy. Might try tomorrow. But if not, definitely the day after that.

One day, though, I will own it every day :)

sanmagic7

one day at a time, contessa.  each one counts.  i don't think there's a head honcho looking to see if you've made your quota for the month!  i've never thought of this before, but i'm now looking forward to owning my world for a day.  then, maybe another one.  it's a brilliant idea and a great achievement. .

Contessa

Indeed Sanmagic. Its something i've come to appreciate in the last few years, that I need to balance this stuff out.

Owned it last Friday, and boy did it feel great. Going to slowly build this thing up. But you're right, small steps are required.