Apologies and reasoning behind my post

Started by simon, August 28, 2016, 01:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simon

I can only apologise for my post i should have put a stronger warning in the title but i only gave a very basic outline of my life to gain insight to see if i do suffer from c-p.t.s.d.Perhaps if a moderator is reading this it would be a good idea to remove the post in question,violence is never acceptable in any circumstance weather it be physical,psychological or verbal all i was trying to convey was how psychologically damaged i was and am, this is one of the reasons i don't talk to anyone my partner of 25 years knows only the basics as i can not bring myself to talk about the things i have dealt with. My perception of myself is that of a monster who has no right
to be happy has no friends and should be locked away from normal people amongst other things.To (edited by moderator) i can only say sorry and you don't need to be scared of me or anyone,i had reservation's about talking about stuff and i think it will be a while before i do again on a positive note thanks to everybody for there feedback

Dutch Uncle

Quote from: simon on August 28, 2016, 01:00:33 PM
My perception of myself is that of a monster who has no right to be happy has no friends and should be locked away from normal people amongst other things.
You have every right to be happy, and I'm pretty sure you are not a monster.
You did your 'time', no? Or perhaps you are still doing 'time'? In either case, I think you are still allowed to have and know happiness.

Seeing oneself as a monster is very much a cPTSD thing. It's called the Inner Critic.

:hug:

Three Roses

Simon, please check your private messages. I'm sorry I didn't take action sooner. You are NOT a monster, you're human and imperfect. It's awful what has happened to you, all of it. And without meaning to minimize your feelings and experience, feeling like a monster is probably something each and every individual on this forum deals with.

Again, my apologies. This should be a safe place for everyone.

Kizzie

You are welcome here Simon and to echo Three Roses and Dutch, most definitely not a monster.

We do take care here not to be overly graphic because it can be very triggering, but at the same time talk about what led to our CPTSD, a tricky balancing act sometimes!  Once you've done some reading I'm sure you will get a feel for things and how to word posts so that you can get out what you need to but without too much triggering detail.

Glad you found your way here and if you have any questions please ask or PM one of us (Three Roses, Dutch or me).   :hug:

sanmagic7

i don't see you as a monster.  not at all.  i'm glad you got here, you belong here, you're one of us.  we're all flawed, none of us is perfect, and i've certainly done stuff i'm not proud of.  it's all part of the beast we call being traumatized.  when we're in the belly of the beast, we act from our survival instincts to protect ourselves.  those actions just take different forms.  no one is better or worse.  i hope you stay with us. 

radical

Can you direct me to the thread please?
This isn't just idle curiosity.
thanks