Loss of Friends

Started by Summer Sun, August 28, 2016, 09:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Summer Sun

Reading others friend related posts, I too have had challenges making good, lasting friends as an adult.  Some I've made have move away great distances.  Or I've moved a great distance.  Some I've outgrown and find a lack of commonality.  Then as a Manager while working, you couldn't be the boss and be friends too without a perception of unfairness or favortism.  I moved to a cliquy, small retirement community, and it took quite some time to make two solid friendships that are life giving, reciprocal, loving, warm places of acceptance. 

I am heartbroken that one of these gifts, my cherished friend, has passed away today.  I am grieving.  Even if expected, it is always so hard to believe she is really gone.  I will miss her terribly. 

My oldest friend is palliative too.  I've also lost two other good friends, with similar type relationships a number of years ago. 

So I am sad for me today, as it is FOC that offers a sense of purpose, and a place of belonging.  When this circle of safety declines, it triggers my abandonment fears.  Still, I am so grateful for the gift of time, the gift of my friend's love, the gift and privelege of being able to honour and serve her throughout her illness. Memories and her Essence will live on in heart.  I am thankful her suffering is over, and for her beliefs.

Thanks for listening.

Summer Sun

Three Roses

I'm sad for your loss.  :'( 

It's devastating, losing a friend you're so connected to. My heart is with you today.

Sandstone

Dutch Uncle

My condolences for your loss. 

:hug:

movementforthebetter

Sorry for your lossn Summer Sun.  :hug:

AncientSoul

My heart goes out to you Summer Sun.

There are no words, no actions, there is truly nothing that will be said to help your loss. Only the fact that you have people that care for you in your grief.

Friends that are true and good friends are special. They can't be replaced, but remembered. The good times will continue to feel great, and one never knows where friendship and love will reappear. We just believe it will and keep going.

We are all here to listen and do our best to send you good and positive feelings.

AncientSoul

Marja

So sorry for your loss, Summer Sun. I hope this forum feels like a friendly, safe place for you during this time in your life.  :hug:

woodsgnome

Losing those hard-won close friends is devastating. True friends can be, for those of us also living in the shadow of cptsd, few and far between but even more precious when it happens.

I had 4 close friends who all died within months of each other a couple years ago. I doubt if and how I could ever find such rare wonderful friends again. While their personalities have left, one can still treasure the warm memories and all the magical connections that now have to suffice.

And, as Ancient Soul shared, words can't quite express what's needed as well as this simple sharing---  :hug:  :hug:

Summer Sun

Thanks so much everyone for your hugs and warm words of care and understanding.  Very comforting.

Woodsgnome, I am sorry for your loss of friends too, so many, so close together must have felt like the earth was crumbling away from beneath your feet.  Love your name by the way.

Yes, the memories, her spirit will be with me always.

SS

sanmagic7

losing close friends, i think, is one of the most difficult experiences to bear.  my heart is with you all. 

gongfy

So very sorry for your loss :(