Cold sores + Raynaud's

Started by caroline, August 04, 2016, 10:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caroline

So the more I look into all this, the more i have been wondering about physical stuff.  I get loads of cold sores - not the normal "i get loads of cold sores" chat that several friends come out with.  Like, a serious amount.  I have been taking medication for them (zovirax in tablet form (UK name)) for many years, which has reduced the number, but not stopped them like it's supposed too. 

I did a DBT group thing several years ago (for eating disorder) and used to get a cold sore every tuesday after group.  If my cats are at the vet, i get one, if i get late to an appointment, i get one.  Some times two or three.  If i spend time with certain people, i can get more (5 is the most so far at once).  Everyone is always asking if i'm run down - whatever that actually means - this has happened since being a small child.

While i'm here, the other one i was wondering about is Raynauds disease/syndrome/whatever.  Where i lose all blood supply to my fingers and toes. It's usually caused by a change in temperature - like getting out of a warm bed into a cold room, or getting something out of the freezer.  But i mostly get it when stressed out, going to be late, worried.  Has anyone ever had this? 

Hope none of you get this btw! Thanks for reading though!

Three Roses

I get cold sores after stressful events. If I feel strongly about something - good or bad - I will most likely get one. :(

The other, I don't have. But, if you have a visceral reaction to a flashback, it makes sense to me that you would lose the blood circulation in your extremities, as your body is probably gearing up for fight or flight.

Sesame

I don't think I have cold sores as bad as you, from the sound of it, but I do regularly get them. Especially if I am stressed and haven't been sleeping enough. I once suffered a severe illness and could barely eat because of all the cold sores.

I also recently developed Raynaud's and it does indeed occur when I am under stress, not only when I am cold. However, I also know someone who, like me, developed it after moving to this location. When he went to the US and I went to Canada, we got cold and didn't have it, but the moment we are back in this country, it returns. So I am not even sure it is genuine Raynaud's, or something to do with the diet here? Either way, you're not alone!