Brand new groove

Started by Jdog, September 05, 2016, 05:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdog

While I was on my morning run, I realized that I feel entirely differently about myself and my surroundings than I have ever felt before.  There is more of a sense of spaciousness, room to grow, and more self acceptance and positive energy than in the past.  After all of the work I have done on myself over the past 4 years, it is a glorious realization.

Recovery happens!

woodsgnome

Congrats!!!

:thumbup:   :cheer:  Here's to Spaciousness and Bright Vistas... :yeahthat:

Three Roses

So happy to hear! Well done, you!

C.

I have been having those moments lately too.  It's so invigorating.  I am so very happy for you and thanks for sharing it here so that we can celebrate together.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Jdog

Thank you for the acknowledgement, everyone.  It is good to share the brighter moments!

sanmagic7

yay! for everyone who is feeling better about being.  what an accomplishment!

theaquarist

I can feel your happiness through your words. The light inside will only get brighter as you cherish it. Hank you for spreading your excitement and joy. I have been feeling better than in years as well. Many hugs!

Jdog

So glad that you are feeling better also!!

Sandstone

I am happy for you  :cheer:
Seems a few of us are feeling a change for the better. Long may it continue.

Jdog

Long may it continue, and let us keep in mind that all emotional states are in constant flux.  But may we remain as grounded as possible and know that we will thrive no matter where we find ourselves in our healing journey.

theaquarist

Quotewe will thrive no matter where we find ourselves in our healing journey

This could be my tagline for my posts: Progress is not linear!;
Growth is never linear;
Healing is not linear.

Thinking of you all - hugs

C.

yes to everything here.  so much wisdom and insight.  thank you.  i want a face that represents peace and serenity...but my daughter and i agreed maybe that's everything.  it's on the inside, not out, so hard to draw...wishing you all a great day and thanks again.

Ren

Do you think it is the exercise that is contributing to your healing C ?
I find I am so much more "together" after a good long walk - particularly by the sea if I can get there.

C.

Yes i think execise is a part of it for me.  Good point.  It contribures to that "feeling" of recovery.

Jdog

Yesterday, I had the privledge of sitting throu a two hour after-work meeting run by a woman who has all of the charm of a prison matron and who was heaping gloom and doom scenarios about the future of the Academy which I co-lead at my school.  Although I appreciate that we have much work to do to achieve real success and that things in the past have been handled poorly, I did not use this opportunity to second-guess my own competencies or come away ready to quit.  I attribute this resiliency entirely to my cptsd recovery efforts. 

Still a "work in progress" but not going backwards (and yes, I realize that healing is not linear as has often been mentioned).