Day at a time???

Started by Yellow, September 15, 2016, 05:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yellow

I used to want to "deck" the next person who told me to take things a day at a time. But with time  :doh:, I realized it's true! That still doesn't make it easy at all. Some days go so well, and then the boat rocks big time! With the loss of my daughter, I sometimes feel guilty when I'm having good days, because it feels so nice to seem to be normal. But I have to admit that the bad times are really bad. Well, here goes to another day at a time! I'm new at these posts and I appreciate the help all of y'all give me! I know I'm not really alone, although most days it feels like it. People who are not dealing with CPTSD really don't understand, but how can they? Thank you for being there.

Three Roses

Yes, it's good to have a bunch of people to talk to who get it! I had a bumpy day yesterday but today is great so far. Hope your day goes well, too! :wave:

sanmagic7

no, even a day at a time can be rough.   i've had several in a row like that, yet before them, it was pretty smooth sailing for a bit.   and, you're not alone with this.  you're right - i don't believe anyone who is not suffering with this type of traumatization could possibly understand.  i do.  it's difficult to keep some sense of equilibrium about one.   i guess that's another reminder for me to be extra grateful for the 'good' days, cuz i don't know how long it will last.  thanks for that.