Stuck

Started by Three Roses, September 09, 2016, 08:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Three Roses

Possible triggers-

Ever since my first, "get to know you" appointment with my new therapist, which was really just an introduction, I've been stuck in an EF or dissociative episode. I am numb. It's hard to respond to people, online or in person. It's hard to think. Formulating anything to say that's not totally a surface comment takes ages.

I know what to do to get out of it, I just don't have the energy.

movementforthebetter

Hi, Three Roses!

I think this is one of those "be gentle with yourself" moments. Therapy shifts so much within us. If you can take one step towards getting unstuck today, awesome. But if not, maybe all you need to do is focus on setting the intention today to take the step later today, or tomorrow. That might sound airy fairy but it really is about baby steps at first.

Sometimes I find changing my inner monologue from I should or I must to I can and I will helps, too.

Good luck, and good to hear from you. Keep posting, I am eager to support you on your journey.  :hug:

sanmagic7

that session with your new t, no matter how seemingly small it might be, was a huge step for you, 3roses, and a big change.  i don't think it's uncommon to go to a place like you're describing after such an emotional experience.

i agree with movementforthebetter that you can just be gentle with yourself, and may i also add patient with yourself as you go through this.   i think it's an adjustment to a new world you've entered.   when the time comes, so will the energy.   until then, you can just be, whatever form that takes.  big hug to you, standing right next to you.  you're ok. 

Three Roses

Thanks. I think you guys get it.  ;)

I'm so glad this forum is here.