Panic Attacks (may be triggering)

Started by joyful, October 25, 2016, 06:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joyful

I don't know exactly where this post should go...I'm sorry if it's in the wrong place.
So my SO has an addiction that I've known about for a while but I still get triggered by random things. I'm kind of losing it right now so I'm sorry if this is totally incoherent. What do you do to cope with panic attacks? Usually I just wait them out by totally shutting down but I'm at work right now so that's not really an option. Literally when they happen at home I lock myself on the bathroom and sit on the floor just rocking back and forth. I don't know how to keep functioning normally right now. I'm kinda just barely holding it together...

ukulelebadly

Me too. I'm in a steady state of panic right now. I'm at work right now too. Called my T at lunch, just to hear his voicemail. All I want to do is go home and sleep. Agony.

Dee

I have trouble managing mine as well.  I have deep breathing techniques and relaxation techniques.  The problem is I need to practice it more for me to remember to do it when I need it.  It's hard and I don't resort to healthy ways of calming me down.  I'm starting to think when I panic when I am out, I often just dissociate.  I was asked yesterday what I do and I couldn't think at all.  I know I see something and I feel it, but I could not remember what I do.  Sometimes I just drink too much when I am out to deal with anxiety.  Not a healthy way of dealing with it.