I have all the anxiety x300

Started by samantha19, September 19, 2016, 07:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samantha19

(I didn't know how to delete this, as a first post, but I felt I shared too much info so I'll summarise it below:

I was basically getting a lot of anxiety over texting and seeing someone occassionally. My inner critic was going mad because of this as it always does, as I overanalysed things.

I now realise that due to anxiety I was majorly overworrying and making a big deal out of something that should be relatively simple, tehe.

Sorry for this weird way of editing it. It made me feel uncomfortable to share too many things that could identify me. I know that's probably very irrational, as a worry, but I didn't like having it on my mind...)

Dutch Uncle

From your story I mostly get you both dislike texting. It's probably one of the things you have in common.  ;D

It might be a generational thing (I'm 50) but I hate texting. And many other forms of 'modern' communication. If I were at a physical social event (a party, a congress, at work or wherever) I would not butt into a conversation somebody else is having either, and expect the others to drop everything and start replying to me instantly.
Why should it be different with texting?

To be honest, I'm already offended if I'm having a conversation with somebody, their phone rings and they start answering the call without even saying to me: "Sorry, but this is a call I have to take" or asking me: "Is it OK if I take this call?" If they get the beep signaling a text or WhatsApp and they immediately turn their attention away I'm frankly infuriated. If it's that important, surely the other side would have called, no?
Again, it might be a generational thing.