Hey! Let's chat!

Started by ph0e, September 21, 2016, 05:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ph0e

Heya. I'm Sam, a newly "adult" guy (turned 18 yesterday!) from Seattle, Washington. My entire life has been a struggle between me and other people, whether it be my family, my classmates, my lovers... Everybody. I just learned about C-PTSD (and subsequently this forum) and identify heavily with the causes and effects of C-PTSD. I'm going to my psychiatrist as soon as possible to see if I can get my meds updated (my current SSRI and antipsychotic are only negatives on my life) to better fit me.

Anyway, as you guys know, people like me need support and acknowledgement, and that is something I just don't get in my life (save from the current person I'm clinging to and talking to on Skype constantly). I just thought I could make some friends here, I guess. You guys are probably the most relatable group in the world for me, and I'd love to get to know you all!

That's why I set up this account, and that's why I'd be super appreciative if any of you reading said hello. You don't even have to stay. Just a quick "hi" and, hm, maybe some helpful hints you've found to deal with your stress and anxiety? I'd be overjoyed if just one of you stopped by and told me about yourself. The more I know about you guys, the more I know about myself, basically.

Anyway, that's it for now, but I'd also enjoy telling you guys more about myself, as well! Just ask me anything, I guess. Alright, bye!

Dutch Uncle

Hi ph0e and welcome.

I hope and wish this site will be of aid to you in your recovery process from cPTSD.

Please read our Guidelines for All Members and Guests  that are here to keep this place a safe place for you and all other members.

Dutch Uncle.

JohnnyBoy

Welcome ph0e I truly hope we can help you on your journey. *extends hand to shake. This site has been a tremendous help to me as I'm sure it will be for you as well.

Kizzie

Hello and welcome to OOTS from another member of the Moderation team Phoe  :heythere:.   I also wanted to welcome you as you are one of our younger members and we're always hoping to attract people early on if we can.

As Dutch has said, please be sure and have a read through our Guidelines. It would also be good to hear more about how you developed CPTSD so we know which of our experiences will resonate for you.

Hope you find some good information and support here  :yes:

ph0e

Quote from: Kizzie on September 21, 2016, 06:44:16 PM
As Dutch has said, please be sure and have a read through our Guidelines. It would also be good to hear more about how you developed CPTSD so we know which of our experiences will resonate for you.

Will do! So, about a week ago I realized (for about the bazillionth time, only this time it actually stuck) that a previous lover of mine was a, for lack of a better term, sociopath. Or at least a very manipulative person. (All of my relationships have been unhealthy, but that one especially, and it was also my longest relationship.) And while that made me feel bad enough, I was far from done with my realizations. I looked up symptoms of PTSD to see if I could possibly have it. That's when I found out about CPTSD, and when I realized I had experienced the symptoms since before I had met my manipulator. Then, the big realization struck. My entire LIFE has been spent around a manipulator, that being my mother. She constantly shames me, invalidates my thoughts, and generally triggers me, all in a covert fashion as to not make me see through the wool that's been pulled over my eyes.

I'm better now, though! I've got an appointment with my psychiatrist, and I've been referred to a therapist and support group. Yay!

Three Roses

Here's a link to our Guidelines: http://outofthefog.net/C-PTSD/forum/index.php?topic=1616.0
We strive to keep this a safe place for everyone.

(Edited:) - I apologize for this abrupt post, I could have said this more softly and given you a welcome. Better late than never, so welcome ph0e! It's good to have you with us, thanks for joining. :wave:

Kizzie

Hi Phoe - well that's great news that you have a psychiatrist, therapist and support group to help you!

Please note that we did edit your post so that it is in line with our guidelines.  As Three Roses mentioned we do that to keep OOTS as safe as possible for everyone.   We are not trained professionals so when a member is in crisis and thinking of harming themselves we immediately tell them to reach out in real life to their Emergency Room or a mental health professional.  It seems you have done that so I hope you find the support and treatment you need in that respect  :hug:

What we do encourage members to talk about (albeit not in graphic detail as the guidelines state) is how they developed CPTSD and what they are trying to do to recover. From the sounds of it your M's treatment would make CPTSD a real possibility but your psychiatrist has not diagnosed you as having CPTSD yet? 

ph0e

Quote from: Kizzie on September 22, 2016, 05:17:26 PM
What we do encourage members to talk about (albeit not in graphic detail as the guidelines state) is how they developed CPTSD and what they are trying to do to recover. From the sounds of it your M's treatment would make CPTSD a real possibility but your psychiatrist has not diagnosed you as having CPTSD yet?

No, I'm not diagnosed. I've never explained my abuse to anyone (before yesterday ranting on and on to the mental health evaluator in the ER) so I've never had the chance to be. I hope I can get a better diagnosis than "Unspecified Psychotic Disorder" because what kind of diagnosis is that? That's basically just saying I can go psychotic sometimes, which is something literally anyone can do under stress.

But yeah! Even if I don't end up getting diagnosed, I think this forum will be a great help to me. It already has been, seeing that there's so many people out there I can relate to.

Kizzie

You don't need a diagnosis to be sure. If what members write about resonates then you are in the right place.  :yes: