Hello - I'm new here

Started by Fen Starshimmer, September 22, 2016, 06:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fen Starshimmer

Hi all,

I have just joined and feeling rather self-conscious, so it's just a little hello for now.   :heythere:

I relate to a lot of the conversations in this forum and wish I had somewhere like this years ago when I battled the effects of trauma, CPTSD, CSA etc totally alone. This is the first online community I have dared  step into.

Over the last 11 years I have been working on healing and finally feel I am making some real progress. I have found an amazing T.  I hope to share some of my stories here and chip in where I can. I feel very fortunate to be where I am now, truly blessed!

Fen

Sandstone

Dutch Uncle

Hi Fen  :wave: and welcome.  :hug:

I hope and wish this site and community will be of aid in your recovery process, already so well under way.  :thumbup:
The site is quite new (two years) so a big well done to you for keeping going the nine years before that.  :)

Welcome again,
Dutch

Three Roses

Welcome, Fen! We're glad you found us. :hug:

I've been here since May and still feel anxious when I post, heh heh. It's getting easier tho :)

Looking forward to hearing more from you :wave:

Fen Starshimmer

Hi everyone...Sandstone, Dutch, Three Roses, Elizabeth Jack,  what a lovely warm welcome from you all. Thank you!

I am really excited to be part of this community, among you lovely people.  :yourock:

It's going to be something new for me sharing stuff. I have been writing journals for years and that's where most of my thoughts tend to stay, hidden away.  :disappear:

In January of this year, I began writing a separate journal to record my healing journey with my new T. It was her idea to start a journal about our work.  I didn't want the info mixed up with my normal journal which is handwritten. So I have continued to write new chapters after each session in a digital diary and now have nearly 50,000 words, and it's still growing! It's interesting to be able to look back and see what conversations we had, the topics we covered, my crises and how she resolved them, and the knowledge and healing I have gained. I STILL have lots of healing to do but feeling happier in myself now.

I look forward to keeping in touch.  :wave:

Fen