Anxiety Dreams?

Started by writetolife, September 26, 2016, 07:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sienna

Writetolife,
QuoteYou know, that makes perfect sense because that's exactly how my life has been for a very long time.
Im sorry to hear that. I relate.  :hug:

You are welcome for the support.- and thanks. Offload away, this is what the forum is for- if you wish to and feel comfortable doing so.

Hey!- you got the quotations! Thats so great!  :thumbup:

Um yes, could be emotions we have disassociated from that come out in dreams. It makes sense- these feelings are scary ones- and they are hard to handle.

Sienna

Writetolife..is this anything like what you experience?

Dreamed was back with narc X partner..
he was gas lighting me and he trapped me by putting some tables in front of me (that we never had in our house)
i said to him that he is gas lighting, that i know the truth.
He kept telling me i was angry but in the dream, i couldnt feel my anger at all.
(used to annoy me in the relationship when he did this)
Came to realisation through having this dream that he fed off winding me up and causing me to feel feelings.

I told him he was projecting- that this is projection, and he said that i am projecting onto him.
I told him he is a narcissist..and he told me that I'm the narcissist.
He walked off casually to bed with out a care
I knew it was ok and valid fro the support ive received of late, to feel angry, to express that rage inside of me.
However, i still held back, but wanted to throw and smash things.
Funnily enough, there was suddenly a stack of plates of bowles on the table near my punch bag, and i started throwing them with out a care.
I was numb.  I was just watching myself do this.

How i am in normal life. i disassociate and come out of my body when i rage or try to healthily express anger.
so yes, i do have dreams in which i am disassociated.

writetolife

Thank you for sharing you experience.  That sounds so hard and living with that person must have been so hard.   :pissed:

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who dissociates in dreams, though.  Thank you.

Sienna

Hum yes, not the best of times. He found it hard living with me too. How crazy that i had a disassociated dream after we had talked about this- not maybe its not ironic at al! Maybe it being dissociation means that i rarely remember the dreams i have in which that happens.

:hug:

writetolife

This is all a "little" confusing, isn't it?  sigh

Sienna