Brutally honest feeling offload - Triggers

Started by Sienna, September 29, 2016, 05:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandstone

Hi Sienna, i had my esa stopped and was paid only half for 18months while waiting for my tribunal. I admit it was hard and very depressing as i have 2 children too. I found a fantastic group on fb called fightback. They help with filling out forms etc and can also come with you to the hearing to help. I do recommend them tho i ended up having to advocate for myself and i almost wasnt going to turn up. Bit i did and i was just totally honest about how things are affected in my daily life. The judge and doctor were really nice and awarded me back my esa. One of the few times i felt so proud of myself. When i left the building i felt a whole weight being lifted off my shoulders.  Its awful how they treat people in genuine need and they actually make any mental ill health even worse.
I wish you well on your outcome

Sienna

Hi Sandstone,
Thank you for commenting, and I'm sorry you went through such an awful time, and having children too...thats hard.

Trigger Warning

It must have taken a lot of strength to turn up to the tribunal, and i think that is something to be proud of.
Im so glad the judge and doc were nice..thats comforting to hear.

I agree, they do make mental health worse. You can be on ESA of course, for mental health issues, only they (i think- have to) try to catch people out in the assessments...as the government don't want to dish out money un necesserally...and its a shame when for some, such as me and you, it is very necessary.

How did you deal..if you felt anxiety...about not knowing what was going to happen?
Not being in control is a huge trigger for me..
I don't know if ill need to appeal- ESA is ok..not improved but will come back i think soon...
but i can't appeal that one.
will sort out the other benefit...(thats not for work related reasons)..
and will need to prepare for the tribunal- hope i wont have to go..wondering about mantras or techniques to use before assessment...instead of say...an alcoholic beverage for nerves!