EMF / Electromagnetic fields

Started by Butterfly, November 10, 2014, 09:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butterfly

Ok I have a way out there question. It so happened that last night I had another nightmare, but I happened to notice that it was when I had the electric blanket on. Occasionally when I have trouble sleeping the electric blanket helps soothe me and lul me back to sleep. It's often during the wee hours of the morning that I have The electric blanket on and coincidently it's also during these wee hours of the morning I would typically have a nightmare. I haven't noticed if the nightmares have happened when I have not had the electric blanket on or off but did take note last night. But I'm wondering if anyone has done any sort of research into EMF. Is it possible the EMF field is messing with the electrical brain system somehow and maybe there some sort of connection to the nightmares? Not that it would negate the emotional purging The nightmares are accomplishing or all of the emotional connection to the nightmares. Just wondering if the EMF is some sort of trigger.

Rain

Who knows on EMFs.   Sounds more related to your REM cycle.   2 to 3 am on wakeup / "nightmare" times.   

I am sorry, I forget ...but are you working with a T?  What do they suggest?

Butterfly

Most definitely I think the stuff of my night to come out. So directly connected to my inability to stand up for myself. In my dreams and in real life I am finding my voice. Yes I am working with a therapist and she thinks the dreams on my subconscious way of dealing with the issues from what I remember of our first session that brought me there in the first place. REM sleep, definitely need to look into that theory. Maybe I'll ask T tomorrow.

Butterfly

Well I went and got an EMF detector on Amazon and found that there are indeed very high fields around devices and the electric blanket was off the charts. Considering the brain is loaded with electrical systems as well as other body function ther is most likely some bad effect.

However, I did have a nightmare without the eclectic blanket so it's not the sole cause of my issue. The timing of the nightmares is prime nightmare time, need to explore that further.

Still, all things considered I've moved as much electronics away from the bedroom as possible. Not that I'm planning on putting aluminum foil on my window (and no offense intended if that's your thing) but I'm doing everything I can to create a calm sleeping environment. The blanket is very useful for toasting me up and relaxing but I don't leave it on while sleeping anymore.