Everything happening at once!

Started by caroline, October 06, 2016, 10:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caroline

Hi, not been around for a while.

I had an assessment for help a while ago, i got referred to a trauma clinic.  I start on their group on the 18th October.  Not long now.  It's called Surviving  to Thriving and last 10 weeks.  Got all the info 2 days ago.

I have gone down hill quite quickly since that appointment.  Even though i felt really understood and validated.

I have an appointment to see a psychiatrist next week to challenge some of the stuff that has ended up in my records and as a diagnosis.  I am starting a course called Healthy Active Minds, appointment is the same day as the psychiatrist.  I had an initial appointment with a R*p* crisis centre as old stuff has been coming up really badly.  I started back at work after nearly 9 months off. My mum has been ill, my brother is possibly mentally unwell and has assaulted my SIL.  It's a mess.  I am trying to be a support, but things are so difficult.

Oh, and i haven't slept properly for months now.  :fallingbricks:

Got to keep pushing forwards though.  Anyway, just wanted to get that out there.  I hope things don't feel this intense for too much longer.  It seems to have all kicked off after talking about this out loud!! 

Hope you are all doing as ok as possible xx

Three Roses

The group sounds interesting, Surviving To Thriving. I'm assuming they're using material from Pete Walker?

Yes, sometimes it seems the floodgates open! I'm sorry to hear you're having so much to deal with at once. Here's hoping the sun breaks thru soon!