New to this site, scared and nervous

Started by JaqAyers, October 14, 2016, 02:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaqAyers

I just found and joined this page this evening. I have CPTSD from childhood abuses. I know I should and need to talk about what I'm feeling and going through but honestly dont know where to start...

woodsgnome

The "where to start" isn't as important as finding the strength to consider any part of what you feel you can or care to share; or to just ask for what you most need now with any of it. You can build on that at your own pace. First things first--this is a safe haven, and the people here care about each other. For some of us, this was the first respite from the fear and disappointment we ever found.

Relaxing enough to even do this may seem like a lot, and it is that; but also it's a start to unraveling the pain, even slightly, and making it your 'old story' while you craft the new one. You've already taken the first step, just by coming on here and saying hi. Now you're free to explore a little or a lot; contribute observations, experiences, ask questions, and more whenever you feel comfortable and drawn to do so.

Welcome... :hug:

meursault