Eating disorder

Started by Dee, October 18, 2016, 11:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee

I am in full anorexia relapse, it sucks.  I'm dehydrated, I don't feel good and I can't seem to get out of it.  The more stress the worse my eating disorder gets.  I just want to get back to the way I was in August.

Blossoming

I just saw this Dee. My heart goes out to you and I hope you are ok and have been able to get some help. I can relate. I'm recently recovered myself. I know of an eating disorder recovery site that has a lot of informative, science based recovery blog posts that are very motivating and if you're interested feel free to message me. Many people including some professionals don't always realize how deadly anorexia can be whether it's from organ failure or suicide it's a very, very serious condition. The older we get the harder it can be to recover and repair the damage but it is never too late! I'm rooting for you to beat this.  :cheer:

Kizzie

I just saw this also Dee, sending many, many  :hug:  How are you now?

Dee

I would like to say I'm doing much better, but I'm not.  The difference is I really want to being doing better, and it is a start.  I am at least caring enough to keep myself hydrated.  I'm working on it and I do have a terrific support team (psychologist, dietitian, an psychiatrist).

Kizzie

Good to hear you have lots of support IRL and certainly you have cyber support from us here  :hug:   

Boatsetsailrose

Hi dee
This 12 step fellowship has saved my life and many others
https://www.foodaddicts.org/

Angelica

I was doing really good then I relapsed into food.  I ate so much carbs tonight while watching someone's dogs , I really didn't want to do it I think but I am here at the house and this is the second time I'm trapped at his house and there is so much food here and they over eat so he was gone all day to a wedding and I ate myself sick and now I'm trying to sleep but its hard when my stomach hurts and I might throw up from eating so much food

Dee

Angelica,

Sorry, the physical sensation sucks, but not near as much as the mental torment.  I hope you are feeling better.

Dee

Dee

I just wanted to add that I am finally doing better.  I am feeling more hopeful about everything.  I am also more engaged in eating disorder recovery right now.  Today I am thankful for antidepressants. 

Three Roses

Great to hear! You're awesome  :hug:

sanmagic7

eating disorders, whether too much or not enough, suck any way you look at them.  i struggle with too much or the wrong kinds of food.  i discovered that when my adrenal glands have really been overwhelmed, it sets up a horrendous craving for sugar - the brain is demanding more because it's not getting enough to deal with everything else that's going on in the body.  yes, as bad as the physical feels, and as deadly as it can be, the mental/psychological suffering is even worse.  here's hoping everyone can get back on track more consistently for longer periods of time.  ugh!