Birthday card from my mom

Started by Sandals, November 12, 2014, 04:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandals

Thought I would share this classic narc-mother birthday card I received last week. I look at it and laugh now because it's so ridic.

Background: My mother is highly narc (my sister is the golden child) & ultimately the source of my CPA & CEBN. I called her when I was going home to kick my ex out (I discovered his infidelity) and she told me I should pray to God. :blink:

She makes me go like this :blowup: for so many things. Has spent many phone calls telling me that I can't do this on my own and honestly I think is more personally insulted about the infidelity than caring about how I feel.

Work was super-busy in Sept/Oct and I wasn't getting a chance to call her back...oh, if only I could play you guys a recording of her voice mail. "Hi Sandals, it's your mom. Call me." Eventually this morphed into me just not wanting to call her back. And to give background, I had driven up to seen her for Cdn txgiving in Oct, less than 3 weeks prior.

Anyhow, I had planned to keep my b-day low-key this year b/c before I discovered the infidelity, my ex had the other woman in the house and they were both discussing how they were going to plan such an awesome birthday, etc.  :blahblahblah: So I knew that it was going to be not a great day for me. Then my mom sent me this card. Like my T says, this is something that would display well on the mantel if someone didn't know my mom...but given who she is, it reads completely different. And then funny thing is that I know she went looking for it specifically as it's a Carlton card and usually she buys dollar store cards.  :doh:

Without further ado - here's the card. Front cover only, the rest is equally heinous.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Rain

In looking at the card cover...

Well, I gasped.   Then, groaned.

If a card could just make it so....

Sure.  Right.

Sandals

Right? Picard, she ain't. ;)

Neither is she subtle. "You need to be at my beck and call...if you don't I'll worry...and that's *all* your fault."

:blink: No escaping her control, is there?

Whobuddy

I can really identify. My mother not only sent me a card something like that but wrote a long description of my childhood. She told of how much she loved me and how happy she was that I was born, etc, etc. It was so strange and conflicting. I wanted to tell her that she can't rewrite my childhood history but I am afraid of hurting her feelings. At the same time it made me wonder if I am the one who is wrong. (this is a familiar pattern with me.)

Badmemories

Reading the card I think that she was in denial!  :yeahthat:

Can't PD people really make it about them? Nothing about how YOU are?

keep on keeping on! ;) :hug: