Switching ssri

Started by Boatsetsailrose, October 28, 2016, 09:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boatsetsailrose

Hi
I am just changing from citalopram to escitalopram due to side effects
It's been 2 wks and it was a straight swop
This past week my mood has def got lower and I'm struggling , I am also sleeping such a lot
I just spoke to the Gp and he said it will take 2/3 wks to work
I just thought as it's a very similar drug I'd feel no negative change
Has anyone else done this swop
Forgive me these drugs are called something else in America but I just haven't got the energy to google it

Blossoming

Yes I took both of those years ago and had to switch just the opposite of you from lexapro to celexa (US names) because of my insurance. I don't remember any difference between them actually but it's been a long time. I think the meds can effect people differently too. I hope you get adjusted soon.

Dee

I am switching from lexapro to cymbolta.  It is a taper off (done) and a taper on.  The lexapro wasn't working anymore.  Now I am not at a full dose of cymbolta yet and it is hard.  I will say when the lexapro was working I feel like it saved my life.  Now I am hoping cymbolta will do the same.  I am going from an sari to a tri...something...  I can't remember and really don't care much right now.

Boatsetsailrose

Thank u both

Hi dee I can relate ... life saving, I don't seem to realise just how much this drug does for me until I'm not on it ...
My negative thinking is off the scale at the mo ...