What's in a Name Part 2

• 18 Replies

Jazzy

• [TW] I'm Niko <3
    • View Profile
Re: What's in a Name Part 2
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2021, 08:33:00 PM »
Hi Bodhi!  :wave:

I really like your name, because I've studied ancient Buddhism myself. While I don't agree with everything, there is much wisdom to be found in it. Above all, I appreciate the peace and serenity it speaks of. :)

pluto

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2021, 09:18:08 PM »
I chose the name pluto as pluto represents death, rebirth, and transformation. I also just love pluto <3

bluepalm

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2021, 10:00:37 PM »
Hi everyone,

Palms have, since my childhood, when I felt I was living in an icy war zone, symbolised somewhere warm,  beautiful and unthreatening; somewhere I would feel comfortable, with the breeze caressing my skin gently under sunny skies. It was my childhood fantasy. I had never been to such a place in reality. 

My favourite drinking glass is blue with palms embossed on it.

As I was wondering what name to use for OOTS I spotted my favourite glass and thought the combination of palms, and all they mean to me, and the blue for the pervasive sadness of my life, was an appropriate image to use for this forum.

Papa Coco

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2021, 10:12:12 PM »
What's in a name? My ten-year-old grandson named me Papa Coco when he was only 2 years old. He's ten now and for him and his little brother Papa Coco is my real name. I've been working through CPTSD for pretty much all my life. In the Fight-Flight-Freeze-Fawn model I'm a Fawn, meaning I'll put everyone else's needs ahead of my own. So every time I log in as Papa Coco, I'll remember that my grandsons needs are worth the effort it takes for me to keep fighting for my mental health. To them I'm a hero. So for them I fight for my sanity. They're worth the hard work it takes for me to stay above the relentless freezing and fawning of CPTSD.