A Healing Space blog

Started by woodsgnome, May 21, 2015, 11:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodsgnome

These days there are literally tons of materials out there. It takes a lot of winnowing to find something that grabs you and speaks to your most vital needs.

I have a site I like to retreat to. It's simply called "A Loving Healing Space:

http://alovinghealingspace.blogspot.com/.

It's the product of Boulder, CO-based therapist Matt Licata, and its tagline speaks of his intent to provide a "warm, loving, and provocative space for the mysteries of your heart to unfold..."  The key word for me in that statement is the provocative...no easy bromides here, and the material speaks to the paradox of finding wisdom in those cracks in our bad times to allow some form of love to creep in.

I've found some of his messages challenging to understand, but when I allow them to sink in, find lots of tender wisdom within the messages. A sample:

"It's okay to give up, even for just a moment, and let go of the need to hold it all together any longer. Your sadness, your aloneness, your despair, and your longing— if you will provide these primordial friends with sanctuary inside you, you will connect with all beings everywhere.

At times it will appear that everything is falling apart, while at other times you will feel so together. Though this may seem like bad news, you can take refuge in groundlessness as your true nature – empty of the known and what has come before, yet radiant and alive with pure love.

Rest in your true nature and give your heart to this weary world."
---------
If you take a look, wander around a bit--he's been writing these for several years...some of them, as I said, are challenging, especially trying to make sense of deep despairs we encounter in cptsd work.

Jdog

Woodsgnome-

I'm in a bit of a rush this minute but do want to check the site out - many thanks for bringing it to our attention! 

By way of trading ideas - check out a site called SafeSpaceRadio - excellent podcasts dealing with all sorts of key ideas we Cptdsers can use - I listened to one this morning dealing with the relationships between guilt, shame, loneliness, and humiliations.  It was the May 18th podcast.

On the edge of hope

I'll be drinking from this divine blog like from a golden cup.