Being able to spot bad people, but not being listened to til its too late

Started by Biscuits, November 11, 2016, 11:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biscuits

Just wondered if others experience this?

I seem to have a sixth sense for people who are dangerous or manipulative. Its like I meet them and there's that "tense violins in movies when the bad guy comes in" sound goes off in my head, its kind of paralysing, like a freeze effect. I've lost count of the amount of times now where I know immediately there is something wrong with a person, but when I tell others all they see is the charm, the confidence. This person is often a leader, a manager, a new addition to a group of friends or perhaps a boyfriend or girlfriend. When you voice your concern, friends or colleagues tell you that you are being paranoid or stupid. The last time it happened was a manager at work, who everyone thought was awesome, but turned out to be both lazy, manipulative and a fraud. I knew it immediately, but it took a year and half, and a number of destroyed client contracts and the steady breaking of trust with more and more people, before others would see it. Again, I was told I was paranoid when I said it.

You have to sit back and watch them begin to erode things around your friends, family or work colleagues and 6 months to a year later, they all start saying what a snake in the grass this person is. Is this something common in CPTSD or similar conditions?

Cheers for reading

Biscuits

Three Roses

Maybe you have narcissist radar! I get reactions to people too, but the one I really listen to is my dog.

Biscuits

Quote from: Three Roses on November 12, 2016, 01:04:49 AM
Maybe you have narcissist radar! I get reactions to people too, but the one I really listen to is my dog.

Haha totally, at university my friend called it my Psycho-Dar.

Yeh doggies defo have that 6th sense going on.

obscured

Yes!

When you're their prey you get good at spotting them and as you say, it is like having a sixth sense.