Panicked

Started by joyful, November 16, 2016, 04:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joyful

Yesterday I had the biggest worst panic attack I've ever had. I was shaking and tingling all over and couldn't feel my extremities. I was breathing so so fast it took hours to get feeling back in my hands and feet. Anyway today I'm dealing with the opposite. I feel like I weigh a million pounds I'm moving so slow and can't think clearly. I feel like a zombie. The physical response to what happened yesterday is so strong I can't even think or feel anything about it.
I guess I just needed to get this out. Sorry for rambling.

Three Roses

You weren't rambling :hug: I'm sorry you had such an awful panic attack! You are probably exhausted.

Big hugs to you, take care :wave:

Dee

Hyperventilating causes you to feel tingly and unable to feel extremities.  I know.  It is when you do that you actually get in less oxygen and you cut it off from your hands, etc.  Doing that takes and enormous amount of both physical and emotional effort leaving you feeling exhausted.  You are not the only person to feel this way.  Totally sucks, but you are not dying and you will feel better.

sanmagic7

glad you're feeling better.  you know, these after-effects you're describing happen to me after i've gone through some stressful event - have a hard time moving, my legs don't work right, look and feel like i'm in slow motion.  this has happened to me for more than 20 yrs.  (i'm not saying you're going to go thru this all the time, just my experience) and i've named it 'the slows'.  and, yeah, i have a hard time thinking clearly as well.  this is the first i've heard of anyone else going thru this.  for me, the more i rest, sleep, relax, the faster i can get my legs back and move regularly.  it's a weird feeling, but it passes.  sorry, really, that you're going thru this.   

joyful

Thank you everyone.
It's good to know I'm not alone.
I'm feeling mostly better, but now I have to just deal with what brought it on in the first place  :fallingbricks:
Thankh you all for understanding