Treatment for Anhedonia

Started by BrokenDollMagnet, December 22, 2016, 03:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrokenDollMagnet

I am eternally grateful for psychiatric medication. It took 27 trials with different meds before I found the meds I am on now, but because I have severe depression that rendered me bed-ridden for a year and a half, it was a very necessary process. 

I take 30mg Paxil and 200mg Welbutrin daily for depression and Ocella for bad menstrual issues.  The meds I am on now don't have many side-effects, though one is a complete loss of libido. This is really unfortunate and causing a lot of frustration in my romantic life. It is, however, a sacrifice I am willing to make in exchange for being able to get out of bed in the morning.

The meds are not treating my anhedonia. I feel no enjoyment from any activity I used to enjoy. I stopped working towards getting a license for forwarding my career. I am tired and run down, too. I know that the fatigue has improved from what it was at my lowest point, but the disinterest in life has not abated at all.

I have had some success with Zoloft causing a moderate euphoric mania, but I was unable to continue using it as a primary medication because it caused insomnia.

I am currently planning to contact my doctors to obtain a higher dose of my current medications and a small dose of Zoloft to take in the mornings to give me a lift.

Does anyone else have medications they would recommend for the anhedonia?