Dreams and other thoughts

• 49 Replies

ws0116

• View Profile
Re: Dreams and other thoughts
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2018, 04:34:41 PM »
I really find some strength in seeing that I'm not the only one having weird but heavy and realistic dreams. I hope you all have the strength to get back from that 'dreamworld' and take care of yourselves good.

I hope it's okay if I share some of my experiences? That way I can write some off my mind and maybe if someone recognizes it, it would be great to hear! 
For the past three years I have been struggling with realistic dreams and feeling really tired during the day.  These dreams occur mostly during the beginning or the end of my 'sleep'. Sometimes they're paired with physical outings like laughing, screaming and hitting (,that is for what I know).

[TW: violence] (sorry im quite new to TW, so not sure if this is the right one & use)
This afternoon I had a nap and dreamed about a whole array of things. From being on a holiday with my mom, grandmother en family of my grandmother. Which was alright, but I had to hide some money? I also needed to study a video of kpop-group BTS so I had to put that above the people I was on holiday with.
Then, somehow things spiraled out of hand. I ended up in a bakery where I felt threatened by a man, that followed me during my work there. I lost some moments but it ended with him being closed up in a oven by accident and that was my moment to run away, but not without having to look him in the eyes one more time.

Somehow my dreams have an elaborate scenario and I'm quite surprised of what my mind is capable of when I wake up.
If you have read this, thank you for your time >.<

Hope67

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2018, 05:08:30 PM »
Hi ws0116,
I read what you wrote about your dreams, and really relate to what you wrote, in terms of also having very realistic dreams and experiences related to them. 

I'd like to Welcome  you to the forum too, as I see you've done your third posting - and I hope very much that you will find this forum helpful - there are very supportive and encouraging people here, and I hope you'll find it helpful.

I hope you feel better after your nap this afternoon, and that you are ok.

Hope  :)

Hope67

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2018, 08:34:15 AM »
Trigger warnings *** (disturbing night terror including details of that):
Last night I had quite a vivid and disturbing Night Terror - I remember struggling with whether I was actually awake or asleep, and feeling 'as if' I had a stroke happening - i.e. as if half my face was feeling numb, and I was worried about myself - but I think I must have been asleep - because the next thing I remembered was a man in a dark coat with a bag who ran towards me, and I had the thought that he was going to kill me with a chemical attack - I wondered if the news events of the chemical nerve agent in Salisbury had caused me to think this - and also whether my post about Little Hope's fears of the night-time, had triggered me to have this awful night terror.  I woke my partner up by screaming really loudly - and he told me he had thought he was going to have a heart attack - so I was worried for him.

But I am going to keep going with my attempts to process things, and hope that the frequency of the night terrors won't increase too much in the process of that.

Hope67

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2018, 11:38:18 AM »
Trigger warning: Disturbing dream, slightly graphic.

I experienced a disturbing dream/night terror last night whereby it was as if someone/or maybe even myself had a coat hanger and had made it into a pointed wire tip and was going to attack my eye-ball - I woke my partner by screaming really loudly at that point, just as I thought the attack was about to take place - and maybe that's why I remembered it, as he woke me up, after I screamed.  I don't know.

I know I had been feeling bad for sharing some stuff about myself here in the forum, and that my inner critic had been having a go at me for that.  Telling me that people would think I was disgusting etc - and so maybe those fears fed into my dream and created that horrible night terror. 

Anyway, the relief is that it's not happened.  I just think the angst and the terror was felt - and now I can be grateful for the calmer aspect of the day, in comparison to the terror of the nighttime. 

I guess the frequency of night terrors is getting more due to my facing my CSA issues, and other issues, that I had previously avoided, and so I am going to continue with my wish to face these things - but I need to pace myself - as it has felt quite over-whelming - and I've been reading around the forum more - and realising that I'm not alone with these things.  That is so helpful. 

Hope67

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2018, 08:05:12 PM »
I have just re-read much of this thread - and I am amazed at what I've been writing about my dreams.  I do realise I have written quite a lot in the forum, since joining, but reading through this - I think - it's amazing how many dreams I've had and also it is interesting to read about the content and somehow part of me is laughing as I have read some of them - I think - How can this be that I am so affected in this way.  Is this real?  I know it is of course, but as I read it this evening, I think - it is a LOT of dreams.

What I am glad about is the fact that the night terrors haven't been happening lately - dreams are ok, but night terrors, those are so frightening when they happen - so I'm relieved that there's a change.

I dreamed last night, but can't remember what the content was - but I felt like it was a deeper sleep and that I did dream.