End of marriage triggers low self esteem

Started by Manchesterford, January 23, 2017, 04:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manchesterford

The personI love, who I committed to and worked hard for, has decided the don't wantme. This has triggered low self esteem and feelingI'm not good enough. I've a full life and great friendsbut feel unattractiveand undesirable. What do I do?

Dee

You give yourself permission to grieve for your loss.  If you need help with that you can find a good book about grief or, if possible, look for professional help.

Manchesterford

I have seen a therapist and read, and read and grieved for a year but still feel.this deep shame and inadequacy.  I can't shift it.

Jdog

Manchesterford-

Here's the thing about healing- it's not linear, and doesn't respect conventions like timelines.  It sounds like you have done a good amount of work on yourself with grieving and therapy.  I think everyone is different in their processes, and after the death of my Mom it took much more than a year to come through the many feelings I had.

Many hugs to you as you make your way through this sadness.  It really and truly will change over time.  Be good to yourself, and keep hanging out with those great friends of yours.

:hug: