Trauma/tension releasing exercises

Started by radical, January 16, 2017, 06:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radical

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27VgK0LrR3Q

The above is a link to a u-tube series on trauma/tension releasing exercises.  I'm going to try them because I feel a lot of trauma is locked in my body and it would be useful to find ways to release and relax.

While I was away, I was in a shopping centre feeling very stressed and with the back pain that often goes with that.  I walked passed a demonstration for a body-shaking machine that was being touted as helpful for pain, so I tried it.  The shaking sensation felt great.  It relaxed my muscles and left me feeling invigorated.  When I got home I signed up for the free one month trial and I find using it helps me shake out so much tension.  It loosens me up, and where I get tight and experience pain, I experience the most relief.  I like the sensation of feeling a sense of body relaxation without the hypo-arousal that I usually experience when tension is released (ie via massage).

I'm in a rush right now, but on an online bullying support group someone had attended a TRE workshop to help with her PTSD.  I looked it up and it is a non-profit organisation that releases information and videos for free.

Anyway, I haven't tried this yet, but I thought some people might be interested.

Have a great day/evening/ night (depending on the timezone)  everyone.

LaurelLeaves

That's interesting Radical.  I did try it.  It's interesting.  I didn't shake very much, but maybe because i'm a newbie at it?  I did notice a resistance to the tremors...I wanted to stop them as soon as I felt them.  So I actually had to willfully accentuate the tremors.   

I think this shows the posture better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTPFbd-5xmE 
Its a long video with a lot of information.  They show a demonstration in the latter half of the video.

radical

Thanks for the feedback and the link, Laurelleaves,
Did you feel a sense of release?
I haven't tried the method yet, but intend to later in the week.

LaurelLeaves

I didn't feel a sense of release.  But I feel like I just exercised a bit. 
I'll have to try it again, to see if get more out of it.