Re: If You Developed CPTSD in Adulthood

Started by bs651644, January 25, 2017, 03:07:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bs651644

I am new and have no clue how to navigate the forums so hopefully this is going to the right topic. I also developed C-PTSD as an adult, I was in a relationship with a Covert Narcassit, we have children together and I can honestly say that if he hadn't decided to leave rather than log in to one of his secret sites we would still be together.  I thought if I could just make things easier for him (not question him) and tried harder to please him (do whatever he said and wanted) we would be a family and live happily ever after. I grew up in an abusive family, but have no memories of life before the 4th grade and even after that I have a lot of holes. I wanted my kids to grow up in a home with both of their parents that I ended sacrificing my sanity.

Three Roses

Hello and welcome, bs651644! I'm glad that you're here. :)

This forum has been a great resource to me, but I am also still learning how to navigate it.

I am sorry to hear what you've been thru, and can relate. Do you know about Richard Grannon? He has some great videos on YouTube on living with narcissists. (He also goes by the Spartan Life Coach.)

Thanks for joining! I look forward to hearing more from you. :)

bmange

I am new. I am still in your position.  Married 22 years, 3 adult boys.  I feel like I am going crazy.  I pray he will just leave me.  I do not have resources or strength to leave him.  I pray he will just leave me.   I am happy for you bs651644 that maybe your days have some relief.  I have been trying to write down my own thoughts in a blog since this new year.  It's very hard.  I make now sense most of the time.  I am happy for you if you get some peace.

Andyman73

In the same boat...been with my CN wife for over 21 years, married for 18+ to her. Slowly cobbling together a viable  escape plan. Sorry to you both.