Today I feel... (Part 1)

Started by Toby, November 24, 2014, 08:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandals

Today I feel optimistic for the future.  :sunny:

keepfighting

bheart,  :hug:

I am so sorry you were so ill used and your trust betrayed. But please do not blame yourself - you deserve to find friends who are as good and true as you are yourself.

It is very hard to break the cycle of attracting the wrong kind of friends - the people who pretend to care, pretend to be your friend, but all the time use you for their own purposes. Truly: It's not you, it's them. All you can do is try and set better boundaries so you repulse those kind of people before they can use you. At least, that's the way I am trying to handle it (I seem to be some kind of a narc magnet and was terribly betrayed by my two female 'bffs').

Be nice to yourself - you are a good person and you deserve to have good and decent friends.  :hug:

Jdog

Bheart-

Like you, I am sometimes tempted to judge my past choices and actions, "shoulding" myself.  Please don't this to yourself.  We all do the best we can in the moment with what we know at that time.  This is a different moment - you can see better what was going on between yourself and your "friend" from this distance, and you deserve self compassion.  You DO deserve real friends who will be there for you in the ways that real friends can be there. 

I am so sorry this person turned out not to be the friend you thought he was.  The best you can do RIGHT NOW is to be a loving friend to yourself and give positive messages to yourself....I am enough, I matter, I am safe.  And whatever else you need. 

May you heal from this and be stronger as a result.

C.

Bheart and there are people here who care.  It may not seem like enough sometimes, but I hope that gives you some solace too.  Thankfully you are reaching out here for support.  And people here care, they believe your story and they want to hear you.  Hugs as you move through this unjust betrayal by a friend. :hug:

lonewolf

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

I'm thinking of you, bheart.

Widdiful Falling

I feel hopeful and helpful. I feel like I deserve to be taken care of by myself, and others. The good days are happening more frequently now that the sun is out, and I can take walks. My T plays no small part, and, of course, everyone here helps enormously. I'm very glad that I've decided to take this journey, and that you're all here to share it with me.  :hug: