Today I am grateful for... (Part 1)

Started by Toby, November 24, 2014, 08:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dutch Uncle

tired

My bank account was overdrawn but I found 40 dollars in my pocket.

Dutch Uncle

LOL. I know how grateful you must feel. I have felt such gratitude, more than once.

:hug: , it's tough, nevertheless.
Enjoy the moment, as you do.  :thumbup:

arpy1

Yay! lovely. a little gift from the universe to you!

reminds me of when the kids were little and i had no money for bread and milk for the weekend. went to get a tissue out of my jeans pocket and went into the key pocket by mistake. there was a tenner in there. must have been thro the wash a few times!

MaryAnn

I am grateful..... for setbacks and challenges that serve to teach me about myself and about life and how to set boundaries with others especially narcissists and superiors that think power is about control not influence to help others learn and succeed.  I may fall down at times but now I know that there many that I work with that will help me get back up, brush off the dirt, and support going forward.  Never really cared what upper management thought, all that matters is what the people that I support think of me.  As a manager, I am truly blessed by the people I serve. 

MaryAnn  :hug:

Jdog

Both strengthening boundaries, which help me stay in my own skin, and the wonderful support of dear friends and family.  I am truly blessed.  The lunar eclipse served as a reminder that even when I experience a time of being in a shadow, this will pass.  My 19 mile run yesterday, aided by two friends who joined me at various points, helped me know that it is important to push past boundaries and that I can and will do well even when very fatigued.

It is a great day to be alive.

samantha19

- my friends.
- nice people who include me even though I self isolate a lot.
- my job, even though I don't enjoy it too much right now, I'm still glad I have it
- when the sky looks really pretty
- the stars
- dogs and other lovely animals
- all of the encouragement I've recieved from different people about my writing skills
- my fave foods and drinks.
- my fave movies and TV shows.
- books and documentaries.
- libraries.
- the Internet, for giving me community for the parts of me that are different.
- music.
- the sun.
- opportunity
- hopes
- dreams
- so many other things.

Kizzie

That's a lovely, long list Samantha   :thumbup:

tired

i had a client last night that likes working with me so much she put me on auto pay. it made me think, how lucky am i that i can make money doing something i love and i'm at least sometimes good at it. i have the potential to be independent and support myself. yes i have obstacles but it means a ton that there is something to work for. 

Jdog

I am grateful for a strong body that can run, and for a marriage that continues to improve over time.  I am grateful for my teaching job and for the chance to help students see that their strengths can help them overcome their weaknesses.  I am grateful for Monday, as it represents a whole slew of new possibilities and a chance to revisit things already begun and improve upon them.

KayFly

I am most grateful for knowing when I am taking on too much, and being able to say, "No, I can't do that. That doesn't work for me," as opposed to trying to take on the world and watching it fall apart in front of my face  ;)

tired

My mother will be on the other side of the planet in a week and I won't have to deal with the drama of being asked to see her anymore. Maybe that will help me calm down. My body is starting to show signs of stress from all the pressure.  I hate to be grateful for something that hurts another person though.

I'm also grateful that I seem to be doing ok with my job. I only make around 200 a week right now but it is going well. That's something.

I like vanilla

Today I am grateful for my art. (my ability to create art).

Dutch Uncle

:woohoo:   A Valentine's card from a dear friend.  :excited: :yahoo: :righton: :sunny:

I like vanilla

Getting to work from home because the computers are down at work. No noise from my officemates, no chatter in the halls, no smells from people's cloying colognes, no too-hot-too-cold rooms, no fluorescent lightning... Just me in the comfort of my home. I think I am more productive today than ever. Why do more companies not allow people to work from home even when the network is running?