Today I am grateful for... (Part 1)

Started by Toby, November 24, 2014, 08:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anamiame

that I finally took the step towards true healing.  No matter how painful it is, I know I made the right choice.  It's a very long road, I know, but I believe more now than ever before, that I will be able to complete this journey. 

Mimijean

a good day that included lunch with friends and time spent outdoors in the lovely sunshine.
a new pet that gives unconditional love and that makes me smile. 

wingnut

..the rain. We need the moisture here, badly.
I woke at 5 am today, and listened to the birds slowly waking up, chirping out yawns and waking the world with their busy proclamations. Occasionally, I hear sticky tires roll by, making wet smacking kisses against damp pavement. Embrace this day. Even the tiniest nuances can offer something grand.

anosognosia

Quote from: schrödinger's cat on February 12, 2015, 09:34:58 PM
Heh, I was grateful for that very thing today. I remembered what talking to my FOO is usually like, and then I took a deep breath and revelled in the fact that they are wonderfully, gloriously elsewhere. The sun was lovely here, too, after many weeks of winter. The kids were high on sunshine, running and laughing, and I felt happy, too.

This is a beautiful paragraph and it lifts my spirits. I'm so glad you're doing well, and I wish you many more such lovely days!   :hug:

sunnyday1

A brand new bright shiny air conditioner.  Especially since it is 95+ degrees where I live. 

JohnnyBoy

I'm grateful for 3 beautiful children that I hope to have back with me very soon.

KayFly

I am grateful to have "me-time" for the next week.

KayFly

Today I am grateful for these beautiful red roses that were on my doorstep, when I got home from my hike this afternoon. Today is my boyfriend and I's 1 year anniversary, and although he is in India, he takes the time. I'm grateful to have such a thoughtful partner.

[attachment deleted by admin]

arpy1

Woah, Kayfly, they're beautiful, congratulations! and no more than you deserve, all the stuff you post helps me a lot, makes me cry, makes me realise someone else feels all the stuff i do but haven't the courage to put out there. thank you, i guess you are what i am grateful for today :yes:

KayFly

Awww Arpy1,

I'm so glad you are here. Thank you for being so kind and for saying what you did about my posts. It really means alot. I was just reading something of yours that I want to respond to. I can relate with you alot, so keep posting! And I am so grateful for you today too :)

:hug:

KayFly

I am so grateful to have some clarity today, deciphering between the people in my life who have wanted to help me, the good people, and the people who were harmful.  I'm grateful, that I can be grateful toward the sentient beings I have crossed paths with. I'm grateful to feel.

JohnnyBoy

Amen, I'm grateful for my new job, all the people in my life who love me and have tried to help even when I was a pain in the *, and my three beautiful children.

KayFly

I'm grateful I get to sit with a new friend at the ocean today :)

arpy1

...the 'Let's hear it for the music' thread and DutchUncle/Kayfly' posts reminding me about Pink Floyd - those masters of their art. have enjoyed listening to stuff that takes me back a few decades.

i can remember at 15 lying, eyes shut, on the lounge floor with the music  :band: :band: :band: :band:  turned up to ear-bleeding volume (at least till the parents got home!!)

brilliant, thanks, lifts my spirits :thumbup:

Dutch Uncle