Today I am grateful for... (Part 1)

Started by Toby, November 24, 2014, 08:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby

Today, I am grateful for...

-my laptop that allows connection to the outside world.

-my stomach is full from roasted turkey.

Please feel free to add yours...

Sandals

-it being warm enough to rake the leaves :)

Sandals

Today I am grateful for all of you here. :hug: Some days it's hard not to think of myself as the "freak" (which I know isn't self-compassionate and isn't the way I think of any of you). Today is one of them. And it's just so nice to have this community of people where I can feel like I can be myself and not have a huge mirror reflecting something else back.

Lots of love to you all.

schrödinger's cat

This forum. I'm struggling at the moment, but this morning, I again noticed: simply just thinking about "what would the others on OOTS advise me to do" is already helping me to cope with things a lot better. It's good to know I'm not on my own. I used to compare myself to non-CPTSD people, which created a lot of pressure. So knowing that there's this other community of people out there, and that we're all in this together, and that whatever I go through, there's usually quite a few people here who can relate... it's such a relief. So thanks.

Also, I'm grateful for crocheting, espresso, and Spotify (edited to add: internet radio).

Kizzie

:hug:  Cat sorry to hear you are struggling but it is good to know that it does matter here that you are feeling.  I hope you have a good day crocheting, drinking Expresso and I would say Spotifying but I'm not sure it's can be a verb since I don't quite know what it is lol.

wingnut

- I'm grateful that I get to work at home today with my cat beside me and the sound of the wind versus listening to co-workers and pretending to conform.
- I'm grateful that I am finding it easier to talk about my feelings with people who matter to me. They may not always like what I have to say, but they spend less time guessing and being frustrated.
- I'm grateful that the holidays are over and I can go back to my version of "normal"

Kizzie

Mmmmm, I can smell the coffee Rain.  Isn't it great when you get through a pile of work and can sit back and enjoy that first sip on a nippy morning?

Rain

You got it, Kizzie!!  I imagine the same for you as you finished your class.    :hug:

Anamiame

I'm SO glad to see this thread!!! 

In 2009 I was diagnosed with Coronary Microvascular Disease, caused directly from Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. I found out that my cardiologist, rheumatologist and radiologist had a 45 minute conference call about me needing to be in the cardiac ICU right then, however, if they called and told me to go, the stress could cause a massive heart attack and kill me.  They decided to just let me alone at that moment.  At that time, I was given 5 years to live.  When I came so close to death, I truly gained a new perspective on life and my life goals, dreams and wishes changed dramatically. 

My life goal now is to meet all my future grandchildren.  I saw everything differently.  I have SOOO much to be grateful for! 

This past year has been one of the hardest ever in my life.  So much so that I've lost some of my gratefulness and that makes me sad. 

So, for today, I'm going to say I'm really grateful for this site.  No one knows what I am going through in my 'real' life (IRL).  And, I'm going to try and keep it that way this time around.  This is the first time that I've honestly felt like someone understands me...and that means the world to me!

Kizzie

:hug:  Anamiame, we would love to hear all about those grandkids when they come   :yes:

anosognosia

-finding this forum
-my cat
-my beautiful apartment with streams of light
-a glorious sunny day
-living miles and miles away from my toxic parents

schrödinger's cat

Heh, I was grateful for that very thing today. I remembered what talking to my FOO is usually like, and then I took a deep breath and revelled in the fact that they are wonderfully, gloriously elsewhere. The sun was lovely here, too, after many weeks of winter. The kids were high on sunshine, running and laughing, and I felt happy, too.

lonewolf

-my new therapist
-bolognese sauce
-this forum
-cute puppies everywhere

Anamiame

That my son was granted his Master's Degree last night in Physics.  He is such a blessing to my soul. 
I'm grateful that my Lord, Jesus Christ, always makes Himself present in my life...even when times or tough or I am not very lovable.