Today I realized that... (Part 1)

Started by Toby, November 24, 2014, 08:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby

Today I realized that...

-Sharing is caring!
-that I am learning to regulate some of my flashbacks better.

Please feel to add yours... ;D

Sandals

-Cycles will inevitably repeat. I'm not crazy and I can't change someone else. AND "I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THEM!" :)

Pixelpixiestick

I am safe, I am free, I am happy, and I am okay. I'm a talented musician, and a loving person. I am not supposed to be anyone else. Everyone else is already taken, so I can be only me :)

Sandals

Today I realized that I haven't had an overwhelming urge to SI since my Weds session with my T.  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

It's still there, but at a much lower (and manageable) level.

Sandals

Quote from: Pixelpixiestick on November 29, 2014, 09:35:21 PM
I am safe, I am free, I am happy, and I am okay. I'm a talented musician, and a loving person. I am not supposed to be anyone else. Everyone else is already taken, so I can be only me :)

WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!  :party: :party: :party:

Rain

Quote from: Pixelpixiestick on November 29, 2014, 09:35:21 PM

I am smiling and crying happy tears.    You are "not supposed to be anyone else."    You are needed just as you are....and what a lovely package.       :applause:

Onward!

Rain

Quote from: Sandals on November 29, 2014, 09:56:36 PM
Today I realized that I haven't had an overwhelming urge to SI since my Weds session with my T.  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

It's still there, but at a much lower (and manageable) level.

Yo!!!!   Way to Go!!!!     :waveline: :sunny: :waveline:

alovelycreature

I need to work on my outer critic and fear of rejection! I was able to get angry and write an angry journal entry about my parents treatment of me and my siblings. Battling the critic!  :waveline:

Whobuddy

Today I realized that it is okay to feel a lot of different emotions this time of year and not know exactly why. If appropriate I even shed some tears. Trying to be genuine in my communications.

Rain

I think this is one of my favorite posts today, Whobuddy.    Self acceptance.    And being genuine, authentic in communicating.    :thumbup:

:hug:

Whobuddy

Quote from: Rain on December 21, 2014, 03:48:55 AM
    And being genuine, authentic in communicating.    :thumbup:

:hug:

I probably should have bolded the word trying in Trying to be genuine in communicating.

Rain

Ohhhhh, of course, Whobuddy!!!   How did I manage to miss that Critical Trying?!

You and I are one of the official TOOTS members then!    You know ...the Trying to get Out Of The Storm members.    :blink:

wingnut

I've jumped over my fear this week by participating in several holiday events and enjoying several conversations with strangers. No one bit me! No one criticized me!

Whobuddy

My inner critic must be shrinking! After the holiday socializations, I sat back and braced myself for the barrage of criticisms about how I handled things. What I should not have said/done, what I should've said/done that I did not. You know the conversation...

And guess what? Nothing. Nada. Inner Critic must be running away scared. I'm on to you ICr!! Go away!     :applause: