Complex PTSD

Started by Jessy, February 07, 2017, 10:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessy

Hello everyone, I suffer with Complex PTSD. It wasn't picked up as a child and I went through horrendous times. I suffered enormously. I suffered amnesia from the age of 8 until I was 21. I experienced a horrific ordeal at this young age of 8. I seemed to have blocked it out of my mind. I later recollected this experience. Decided to take action in the high court and lost my case. Through spending time switching from public to private as we found the public system a let down. Private was extremely beneficial. We finally received the correct diagnosis at the age of 27. Through understanding my condition of Complex PTSD I am better equipped to deal with it. Although have found there is not alot of help available. I was utterly diasppointed with the public system which seemed to continue to go down the mental illness track. There was some wacky things happening in the public system. I decided to find my own way. I see a body technician twice a week and lucky me was asked to be his apprentice. So I work two days a week with him. I have found this extremely helpful. I am beginning to understand (ENERGY). I understand I have held onto the energy of what happened to me. This has not been good as I have suffered migraines, Chronic fatigue, horrendous depression and anxiety.  I also have found acupuncture helpful. I would love to talk to others out there with thier stories and I am happy to help anyone who wants to know more about myself and my story. Take care everyone.

sanmagic7

so glad you're here, jessy, and good to start getting to know you.

others' stories are all over the place, so feel free to browse, respond as you see fit, share what you're comfortable with.  we're all black swans in the same pond. 

i'm glad you're finding some alternate means of tackling this crapola.  mainstream mental health systems don't always fill the bill.  doing energy work, both having it done and learning how to do it is pretty cool.   good for you!

i hope you keep coming back.  would love to hear more from you.   best to you!

Jessy

Hi sanmagic7

Thanks for responding, it's nice you replied. Do you suffer with Complex PTSD ? If you do have you over come it?
Or do you struggle to maintain the illness? etc what have you found effective? etc
Any advice?

sanmagic7

hey, jessy,

yes, i most certainly do have and struggle with c-ptsd.  no, i haven't overcome it.  i've only realized the reality and enormity of it in the past couple of years.  i keep working on it in pieces when i have the energy to do so.

i'm getting more and more accepting and knowledgeable about it as i continue in recovery.  this forum has really helped me, both in the education side and the support/community/belonging somewhere side.  i've read about the disorder, posted about my own symptoms, struggles, and victories, and have gotten wonderful and helpful feedback. 

on my own, i continue doing mindful breathing, a little yoga, some massage, and journaling.  i keep my mind open to what's worked for others and give it a shot if i'm able.  i've tried acupuncture for other things, but it didn't agree with me.  i do something physical when i'm able, like walking and i love lifting weights.   i used to go to the gym all the time, but that was years ago.  still, i have a couple of light weights that i use periodically.

i never got formally diagnosed, but the symptoms fit me.  i've written my story both in the recovery journals section, and in the adult-onset section.  feel free to read them and those of others, and comment or respond if you want. 

i'm truly sorry you're suffering so much.  i can relate.  i've had depression and anxiety, as well as a lot of physical problems myself.  some of it has gotten better as i've been working on these c-ptsd issues.  i wish the same for you, jessy.  keep taking care of you.  you're worth it.