Wherein our hero finds herself stymied by nuance and accountability

Started by ALLHAILTHEGLOWCLOUD, February 08, 2017, 10:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanmagic7

i looked it up, and, yes, several places mentioned both ptsd and sleep problems.  i'm gonna see what kinds of videos are around, give it a whirl.  thanks, glowcloud.  it looks good!

ALLHAILTHEGLOWCLOUD

I'm having a hard time today.  Yesterday night I had a bad flashback apparently "out of nowhere."  I don't necessarily know what caused it.  It was one of those ones that took up about 3 hours of my time just before I could get relatively stable, and I know it overwhelmed my partner a little.  Yesterday was our day off together and today is my day off.  I have been trying hard to do more things that are hard for me, like exercising and cooking.  I wonder if yesterday I overdid it.  Since Monday I've been shakier on emotional regulation but haven't really slowed down. 

Tomorrow I have work and therapy and my partner will most likely be doing homework until late.  Tonight I'm thinking of going to yoga but the class I'd go to gets out a little late.  I feel paralyzed.  I'm afraid of having another flashback.  Nothing sounds enjoyable to me.  Housework seems overwhelming.  It was hard just to get out of bed.  I think I will take a walk somewhere.  Maybe I will work on writing.  Also I will listen to an audiobook.  I am feeling discouraged. 

sanmagic7

glowcloud, i've had much the same (or similar) experience as you've written about, where i've felt that maybe i did too much in one day.  i'm learning to accept that, notice those signs and signals that my body is giving me, and taking time off.  i often do too much when i begin feeling better - then it's like 'o boy, now i can do this and this and this', and the next day i find myself in a slump. 

as long as i've been doing this (it seems like ages, but it's really not) i still get caught up in it.  whether it's physical, emotional, or mental stuff, i'm still learning to regulate how much i do so that i can stay somewhat in balance.  it's really difficult, because i used to go everywhere and do everything!  now, i'm lucky if i get out the door some days.