I'm going, for real, I think

Started by Dee, February 23, 2017, 07:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee

If you all feel like I've been posting I'm going, I'm not, it's changed.... imagine how I feel.

We are back to the place it all started with.  I think all options had to be explored and had to have justification why they were not the best option.  I really feel like it is good this time.  A month ago we submitted my application, I did my labs and EKG.  I believe they accepted me.  I don't know if I have been accepted to the trauma unit or eating disorder unit, but the facility tailors a program to the person and I will be treated for both either way.  Personally, I am hoping for the trauma unit so maybe I can have coffee in the morning.

The estimate is 45 days.  This is an estimate, it can be more or less based on me.  I like that.  Some of the places considered were a set length of stay, where everyone comes in together, are treated all the same, and at the end of the program they are cured and leave at the same time.  I also use some bad coping skills and I like the idea of not being able to do these things due to supervision.  I need that help right now.  The other place were more of a partial hospital, where there were apartments and you can come and go.

I think??  It will be a week or two.  I once again, am getting a bag ready to go.

meursault

Sounds like a good thing either way, but I'll cross my fingers for the Trauma Unit!  It will be good to have a chance to focus on positive things for yourself.  I'm glad for you!

Meursault

Wife#2

Oh, Dee, you must feel like you just fell out of the tornado! Well, hopefully, if that's true, you're not in Kansas anymore, but in OZ - where anything is possible. Including healing. Don't forget to pack your ruby slippers, so you can return home when you're ready (Remember, Dorothy had the power all along, but Glenda didn't tell her until Dorothy was ready to hear and understand).

I've been thinking of you, hoping this would sort itself out and you could get busy getting the help you need. I'm so glad that's finally starting to sort out now. Pack your bag and believe in your children enough to talk with them. Believe that you've raised them well and that they love you enough to understand that you need this.

HUGS to you, friend. I'll be thinking of you throughout this new journey.

Three Roses

Hey, great news! I'll keep my fingers crossed for your preferred unit, too. :cheer:

Eyessoblue

Thinking of you Dee, and looking forward to hearing about how you got on. Feeling positive for you.

Fightsong

Say Dee. Hope it goes well for you and your journey is enriched by whatever  emerges.   x

Kizzie

sanmagic7

and yet another     :bighug:

you go, girl!