This woman really knows what CPTSD is

Started by Candid, February 28, 2017, 12:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candid

Eyessoblue

Wow!! Really recommend everyone watches this. She so gets it! Thank you for posting.

Three Roses

Wow! This was an incredibly helpful and informative video - Candid, thank you SO MUCH for telling us about it!!

Yes, she is a Christian speaker but god/religion is referred to only briefly, and with great compassion and open-mindedness.

Highly recommend this video, thanks again Candid.

Blueberry

Yes, thanks for posting this! I've listened to part and need to take a break, but she explains it so well. That "marination"...

Resilient

Thanks for posting. Excellent talk. Will share with others who don't get it. While they still might not understand - this is a good explaination

Noel

Her videos are helping so much.  I appreciated how she spoke about the changes and how meaning changes. I do believe in God, grew up in the church, and I have a horrible, fetid relationship with God, Jesus, Holy Spirit et al.   I hope I can find a group here whose members have issues with belief and with God as a result of their trauma.  I too am wondering about who, in the this city does this kind of therapy.

Phawn

I just came wandering in to this site from the storm. This was the first thing I found and checked out, and I'm so grateful.

It is beautiful to have my experience so spelled out and explained. I feel so validated and seen just by watching this video. I wish I could make everyone I know watch this, but I also know this depth of understanding is mine alone. I had to grab a box of tissues, but the tears have not felt this genuine, true, vulnerable in so long.

AphoticAtramentous

Quote from: Phawn on September 05, 2017, 01:21:02 AM
I just came wandering in to this site from the storm. This was the first thing I found and checked out, and I'm so grateful.

It is beautiful to have my experience so spelled out and explained. I feel so validated and seen just by watching this video. I wish I could make everyone I know watch this, but I also know this depth of understanding is mine alone. I had to grab a box of tissues, but the tears have not felt this genuine, true, vulnerable in so long.
Welcome to the forum, Phawn. ^^

I had a watch of this video a few days ago, it really is quite insightful. :) I had my own fair share of tears whilst viewing as well. >.>

Candid

Oh, Phawn!   :hug:

QuoteI wish I could make everyone I know watch this, but I also know this depth of understanding is mine alone. I had to grab a box of tissues, but the tears have not felt this genuine, true, vulnerable in so long.

This is such good stuff!

I can well believe you have no one IRL to talk to -- it's true of many of us here -- but on this forum, you'll find people who really get it, from personal experience.  It has helped me so much, just reading and posting here.

Welcome to our little world! Your little world!  :heythere:

woodsgnome

If only I could somehow package what she says when I try and explain to others what this horror trip is really like. Anyway, thanks for posting this thorough and meaningful summation of what it's really like to be trapped in cptsd.

As an aside to Noel, who posted here on Sept. 2, I just wanted you to know that I experienced awful abuse in religious schools all the way to grade 12, in addition to the FOO. I soon learned that their version of religion was crudely used as a cover for their nefarious hypocrisy. Many normally accepted religious terms are still major triggers for me. There is a religion/spirituality section on this forum in the causes of cptsd section.

teacherinapastlife

Blueberry

(Welcome to the forum teacherinapastlife!)

RecoveryRandal

That was amazing. Thank you for sharing the link.

bluelilly

Thank you so much for posting! I cried while listening to her speak.  She so gets it. Such valuable information.