I'm going Monday

Started by Dee, March 01, 2017, 12:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee

I am going to the eating disorder program that also treats trauma.  I'll be there at least 30 days, but who knows how much longer I might stay.  I'm really going to miss coffee.

I am seeing my therapist tomorrow to discuss more.  I plan to talk to the kids on Friday.  It is the first time I can get them both together.  I am also going to ask their father for help.  All he really needs to do is make sure my 16 year old gets up for school.  They are good, young adults and will be fine on their own.  They can both drive and have a credit card.  I can also count on them not to be stupid.  My plants might die and my house won't be cleaned, but I can live with that.

I'm not feeling very well.  I just found out when.  So I am going to keep this brief.

movementforthebetter

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Wishing you all the best, Dee. I'm so happy you are getting the help you deserve. Take care of you, and we'll be here when you're out again.

Three Roses

All my best wishes follow you where you go! ♡

mourningdove

Wife#2

Sending you warm hugs full of courage and strength. I'm glad for you that there is forward movement. We'll be thinking of you the whole month long - until we get to hear from you again. BIG HUGS and lots of friendship!

sanmagic7

dee, i'm so glad the waiting and wondering is finally close to an end.  all my best to you on this next step of your journey.   with you all the way and will be waiting.  you'll feel better soon now.  love and strength to you, and a big hug. 

Dee

Good news!  I found out yesterday that I am actually going to the trauma unit with eating disorder support.  I am really happy about that because I get more individual counseling and perhaps coffee!  If I am going to open up they can at least let me doing it holding a cup of coffee.

Also, I talked to my kids about the eating disorder only.  My therapist warned me not to color coat it, but I think I did.  I just don't want them to worry about their mom or be sad.  They were totally okay with me going.  They promised that I wouldn't come home to a messy house.  No guarantees on my plants though.  Other than that I didn't get much of a reaction or any questions.

So now if they can process my plane tickets, I'll leave in a few days.

Wife#2

Dee, I'm so glad the sit-down with your children went better than expected. I suspect they didn't have too many questions because they love you and don't want to bring up painful things. And / or they kind of knew anyway. This confirmed for them AND encouraged them that you're getting the help you deserve. Either way, you've raised some fine children, Dee. That's a testimony to YOU!

Yes, stage two, planning. Stage three, packing. You're on your way, friend. I'm so very, very happy for you!

Three Roses

QuoteIf I am going to open up they can at least let me doing it holding a cup of coffee.

Yes! :D :rofl:

radical

Wow,
I know what a big thing it was for you, the fear of talking to your kids.  I'm happy for you - it must be such a weight off your shoulders.
I'm going to miss your lovely presence around here and will be thinking of you and looking forward to catching up when you return.
(know what you mean about coffee :Idunno:)
lots of love :hug:

bring em all in

Dee- I've drifted into a self-imposed isolation lately, but I'm glad I'm back in time to share in your good news and wish you good luck!

Blueberry

Dee

Thank you all!  Plane tickets in hand I am going Sunday.  While this isn't the hardest or scariest thing I have ever done, it's up there.  So I just need to get through three nights, two days, without freaking out too much.

meursault

That's great, Dee.  It sounds pretty scary and exciting!   Funny comment about the plants by the kids.  Oh well, if the plants aren't watered, maybe you could bring a new plant home when you return to grow with your new, improved life!

Meursault

sanmagic7

yay for you, dee!  it's finally happening.