Pushing my comfort zone

Started by LaurelLeaves, March 09, 2017, 07:05:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurelLeaves

Hi.
I'm not much of a talker.  In fact I rarely talk.  I've said more words online than in real life.  That makes it hard to make friends.

But I thought I'd made progress in becoming friends with this couple who runs the ceramic shop around here.  One is the owner and one is the manager.   I'm more friends with the manager.  Anyhoo... they asked me if I could teach a small class on how to do one of my pots.  Talk about pushing my comfort zone!  Teaching a class?  Talking to a group of PEOPLE?  :blink: Sheesh.  But I've been practicing every day for a week now... and the class is this Saturday.  I have some Xanax pills I use for emergencies, and I think this is one of them.

There is this twist in the story.  When I said I'd do the class, I though everything was fine.  But now I know the couple is having marital troubles.  The manager is talking divorce.  I said I was gonna stay out of it, and be friends with both of them.  Now the manager is not coming to work anymore... I haven't seen him in a month.  I haven't talked to the owner about their troubles, and the last time I saw him I had the sense that he didn't know that the manager told me about them.  But from something I said, I think he knows now. 

It just make relations with the owner a tad bit tense. 

And I miss my good friend... the manager.  I see him on FB, but he is too involved with his own troubles to talk.   I miss him sooo much.   (I have a harmless crush on him; harmless because I know I won't doing anything, just dream  ;D)

Thanks for listening.  I don't have anyone else to tell.  And usually I keep everything to myself, but I'm thinking that's not good.

Candid

Good luck with the pottery class, LaurelLeaves! At one stage in my chequered career I took up public speaking, and as terrified as I was each time, afterwards I felt huge amounts of energy and other good self-esteem feelings. You go for it!

Blueberry

Thanks for sharing, and not keeping everything to yourself. Way to go!