Having a hard time accepting Thanks.

Started by Badmemories, August 29, 2014, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badmemories

So I worked really hard on putting the posts in on the 4 F responses. I started doing it for Myself because It was too hard for ME to understand all mixed up. I had read it 3 or four times before I decided to just organize it the way I could understand it.

As you all can see I divided and categorized it into each of the four f's.I really started doing it for myself. Then I thought It would be nice to post it. Of course that was hard because he had it all double spaced, and I had to merge it all and put my titles on each. I really enjoyed doing it. I think I spent about 3 hours doing it. (I was wide awake last night.)

Several of YOU thanked me and complimented me for the work. Then I read over the thanks quickly, and really don't think about it the AM. I mean I dismissed it. I was thinking about it and going through the posts this Afternoon, I realized what I had done to both MYSELF and Yall.
s
I mean what is it in me that doesn't want other to thank me or acknowledge when I do a good job? Accepting compliments is always hard on me! Do any of You have a hard time doing that? Does any of you have a answer or experience about this?  Any treatments that I can try?

Your all welcome! I enjoyed doing it for OOTS. I hope we can all continue to refer back to us as situations change for us  8) 8)

Kizzie

That's that self-abandonment thing BadMemories.  This is a great opportunity for you to try and let yourself feel differently, to feel good about those thank you's.

Go ahead and soak it in, it's a good balm for healing old wounds! Say to yourself "I did do good!" then smile and let us know how it felt  ;D

emotion overload

I also have that problem.

The worse problem that I have is that I am always worried that I have posted the wrong thing and that I am going to get in trouble or hurt someone else.  I guess I have this problem in real life as well.  Every once in a while, I'll actually voice an opinion or question someone else.  Or just do anything that gives too much of a glimpse into my real self.  That usually scares me to the point of shutting down and retreating for days (flight).  I don't think I have recently had an instance where I have been yelled at or challenged or ruined a relationship because of that.  It seems to be an ingrained behavior from childhood and my years as a chose where I was taught that it was not safe to ever express what I really thought of something if it was in opposition to my mother or husband.

Maybe over time I will get better at that, but it's going to be slow based on recent examples.

Badmemories

Quote from: emotion overload on September 01, 2014, 06:09:02 PM
I also have that problem.

The worse problem that I have is that I am always worried that I have posted the wrong thing and that I am going to get in trouble or hurt someone else.

I worry about that too. I have gained confidence being a moderator for a game forum.  That helped me a lot in writing. Whith these Forums soemtimes I am not sure about what I writeor am thinking about writing. Sometimes I read a post and go back to it *after I have chewed on it for a while. then it seems to come out better. It sure IS More responsibility writing about feelings and problems rather than a game! [/quote]

Quote from: emotion overload on September 01, 2014, 06:09:02 PM

Or just do anything that gives too much of a glimpse into my real self.  That usually scares me to the point of shutting down and retreating for days (flight). 

In My life I do have to worrry about what I say.  I do have a hard time revealing Myself.
I guess I have been burned so much by opening up about different things. i would consider that most of my conversations are guarded! To talk to MyuNPD husband  I think about what I am going to say for a good amount of time. Most time he rants about the same things over and over so I can think of something to say, tha won't cause a blow-up or be to offensive, when he rants again and get my point across. actually it hits him quit unaware and he ends up being just speechless!