I had one responsibility

Started by HellaQueerKindaCrazy, March 11, 2017, 08:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HellaQueerKindaCrazy

I had one responsibility and I blew it.  Because I broke my ankle New Year's Day, I'm not working right now and I'm taking one class online.  This class is all that I'm responsible for right now.  I was supposed to take the second of three exams (which together account for 60% of the grade) yesterday but I didn't think of it until today.  I'll be lucky if I can scrape together a passing grade.  I feel like an idiot.  I feel worthless.  School was always the Most Important thing in my family, and I Failed.

Hope66

Hi HellaQueerKindaCrazy,

I can hear that you're being very critical on yourself for missing your exam yesterday, but sometimes things just happen, and it doesn't make you a failure - if something like that happens to me, I try to think about what a good friend would say to me - rather than rely on my self to appraise it - as I know that we can often be our own worse critics.

Please be kind to yourself, if you can, and put it behind you - you can focus on the final exam, and you've already done one - there is still a chance you'll do ok in the overall set of exams.

I really hope that you will be able to enjoy some brighter parts to the day.

All the best,

Hope  :)

p.s.  Hope your ankle is recuperating.

sanmagic7

Three Roses

I also miss important dates & feel stupid afterwards. But now, after realizing how normal it is for us to dissociate in order to try to deal with our pasts & presents, I can go easier on myself.

I have a friend who has fibromyalgia. She recently posted something eloquent on her Facebook page, saying that she's not the one who is "unreliable" - it is her fibromyalgia that is unreliable. It makes her miss deadlines and cancel plans, and she feels sad that she even has to explain it.

This really resonated with me. Our injuries are unseen, but very real and not at all the product of our imaginations. For instance, a brain scan of someone with cptsd is very different than a person's who is without the disorder.

We are not lazy, overly sensitive, stuck in the past, or any other "victim blaming" label that others have tried to paste on us. We have been injured, and there are effects of those injuries that we continue to suffer. Yes, there are things we can do. But, one step at a time & easy does it!