hypervigilance and then a psychotic break

Started by starrysky, March 16, 2017, 12:59:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

starrysky

This is what happened after a long period of stress.  I'm pretty sure it's c-ptsd related, but wondered if anyone else knew of this happening? 

Three Roses

I'm wondering if what you experienced is not a psychotic break, but an intense emotional flashback - this is long but very good info - http://pete-walker.com/flashbackManagement.htm

I'd be interested to hear if the described EF symptoms sound like what you went thru.

starrysky

hi Three Roses, thanks for your reply and the link.  I have read it and yes, I think it explains pretty much what happened, but also I had been very sleep deprived at the same time - so as well as having very heightened emotions, I think my brain also flipped out into a kind of waking REM sleep state where my interpretation of what was happening around me wasn't rational and I also began to hear voices 

A_Girl_You_Dont_Know

Ugh I assume it's probably C-PTSD related too and this has happened to me but only during very, very high levels of stress and very bad sleep deprivation.

LaurelLeaves

Quote from: starrysky on March 16, 2017, 02:00:26 AM
I think my brain also flipped out into a kind of waking REM sleep state where my interpretation of what was happening around me wasn't rational and I also began to hear voices

I've read that when you hear voices, it's just your own thoughts, but that thing inside your brain which connects you own thoughts to yourself gets disconnected.  Brains are very mysterious.

Anyway, I've had a psychotic break.  If you have more episodes, or start seeing "signs", I would suggest going to a doctor just to be sure. But just once... it's probably from stress.