Boy, this Tapping EFT stuff WORKS!!!

Started by marycontrary, December 01, 2014, 02:35:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marycontrary

About a week ago, somebody shared a link from tapping.com.

I watch and followed all of the videos, some several times, from start to end, carefully following instructions.

Man, this stuff works. Yesterday, I was having this nasty batch of EFs. Well, when one started, I did the routine. There is a nasty constricted pit in the stomach feeling associated. Well, after the first batch I got the constriction down to a "niggling" small burning point in my gut.

GET THIS...a few minutes later, another EF #2, which was "linked" to EF #1 came raging. Did the same thing, and the constriction feeling moved up, like when my esophagus or upper stomach would be. And tapped that away.

Well, them EF#3 and EF#4 came up in a few minutes succession after the prior EFs had been tapped away. I discovered something that I think might be important for ya'll.

The 4 EFs were linked together, each having a nasty feeling point in different areas of my gut. So they would activate in tandem, like a chorus, and shut me down  with the intensity of the 4 sets flashbacks themselves, as well as agonizing multifaceted pain in my gut (which I perceived as one big crappy pain unit before untangling them out).

So 4 agonizing EFs, chained together, make for a nasty, resistant, exhausting episode. And I tapped them away.

It came back last night when sleeping. woke me up. I tapped it away.

I am a scientist and I read up what few journal article there were on it. It is effective, but for unclear reasons.

I think that it has to do with having strong mindfulness facilitated with tactile stimulation, for which you keep remind yourself of the emotion you are having. I honestly do not think that it is related to acupuncture meridians (I have studied acupuncture).

Try it! Be sure to stick with it and do it over and over. Let us know how it works for you.

Sandals

I am so happy it worked for you! I love it, too. :hug:

That's great insight on the EFs being linked. Mine have been getting better over time, but I noticed that when they were at their height that they would come on sequentially, too.

marycontrary

Thank you both for your responses. I want to share  something with you. This morning, a snafu with my online business happened. I got real nervous. My kitten, a rescue with aggression and emotional issues, picked up and started being an epic jerk, biting, scratching, and tearing up the furniture. I got angry, yelled, and got her by the scruff of the neck and put her out site, as she is impossible to carry out normally when she is in a wild state.  I also snapped at my supplier, who made the mistake. I felt badly and started tapping, and it went away. I apologized to my supplier and the cat just a few minutes after lashing out, thus mitigating damage.

It really works when you are in the middle of freaking out really mitigates the damage quickly.

zazu

Quote from: BeHea1thy on December 01, 2014, 11:49:53 PM
By the way, 15 years in Texas without insurance.... I always knew there was something about that state....

I'm currently in that exact situation, so that probably explains my devotion to do-it-yourself therapies, lol.

MaryContrary, thanks for your description, especially how your EF's were linked to each other.
It makes a lot of sense.

I can't do tapping yet (due to intense resistance of the self-acceptance part) but I'm doing the do-it-yourself EMDR butterfly hug technique, which seems to be making headway with that. Once I get that cleared away, hopefully I'll be able to proceed with the EFT.

Badmemories

@ Mary contrary,

This sounds like a easy thing to do to help ones self. somewhere I did see a link on u tube about it. I did try and listen and watch it.. but either at the time I was watching it, It seemed overwhelming and complicated. ( I have ADD) so I have that on My bucket list to check out again! 

@Behealthy... can You tell me about  do-it-yourself EMDR butterfly hug technique, that You talked about?