When is it time to see a doctor?

Started by Kat, June 04, 2017, 06:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat

Recently, I had a really tough session with my therapist.  It was good, but it stirred up a bunch of things.  Later in the day I got a horrible headache, which isn't unusual after going through some really emotional stuff.  It seemed like a migraine--my eyes hurt horribly, I needed to be in the dark, etc.  I've had migraines since I was a kid.  But in the midst of this one I started to wonder if I should see a doctor because some of the symptoms were different and the pain was so intense.  Coupled with that, I've been having more headaches than usual lately that come with sharp, stabbing pains in different areas of my head. 

I decided to just try to sleep it off.  Which worked.  That's what concerns me, though.  What if I'm experiencing a truly life threatening medical emergency?  Will I just ignore it and figure it's "only" emotional?  And what's the difference anyway?  Just because the symptoms are brought on by past trauma, does that mean they're "harmless"?

Three Roses

In my opinion, the fact that you're even asking this question means you should see a doctor. Headaches like you are describing can be symptoms of larger problems and should be taken seriously. Let us know the outcome of your visit, I care. :hug: