Vertigo/Clumsiness caused by CPTSD?

Started by Toast, March 16, 2017, 08:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toast

I frequently get bouts of extreme vertigo that can knock me over if I'm standing or even sitting. Other times it just makes me stumble, even when I'm standing still or doing some other task. I remember once having to white-knuckle a desk in class because it felt like the desk had suddenly begun to accelerate. On most nights when I lay down, it feels like the bed is spinning. It seems to have gotten worse over the years along with my CPTSD. Does anyone else experience this kind of thing?

Eyessoblue

Hi, that happened to me yesterday, I woke up and the whole room was spinning as if I had a night of heavy drinking-which I hadn't! I needed to get to the bathroom and had to crawl on my hands and knees to get there as I couldn't stand without wanting to fall over, I felt really sick too but wasn't. I then had terrible trouble trying to sit on the toilet and had to hold on as I felt as if I was going to fall off, then crawled on my hands and knees back to bed, I then struggled to get to sleep as the room was spinning so much then I woke up a couple of hours later and was fine. I've had this a few times and it's horrible, I wasn't sure if it was cptsd related or maybe an inner ear problem, although I have no problems with my ears so not sure!

Toast

Quote from: Eyessoblue on March 16, 2017, 09:25:24 PM
Hi, that happened to me yesterday, I woke up and the whole room was spinning as if I had a night of heavy drinking-which I hadn't! I needed to get to the bathroom and had to crawl on my hands and knees to get there as I couldn't stand without wanting to fall over, I felt really sick too but wasn't. I then had terrible trouble trying to sit on the toilet and had to hold on as I felt as if I was going to fall off, then crawled on my hands and knees back to bed, I then struggled to get to sleep as the room was spinning so much then I woke up a couple of hours later and was fine. I've had this a few times and it's horrible, I wasn't sure if it was cptsd related or maybe an inner ear problem, although I have no problems with my ears so not sure!

I don't know if mine has ever been that bad. That sounds really rough though. Mine definitely gets worse if I get an ear infection or something. I don't really think I have any problems with my ears but I'm pretty sure I have some kind of auditory processing disorder since I can't understand what's being said most of the time. It might as well be another language.

Eyessoblue

Toast- oh wow, I have that too, I thought it was just me! Sometimes when people are talking to me I'm listening but thinking 'what are they saying' as I can't seem to interpret it, like you say it might as well be another language and then I get myself confused and try and work it out Normally making a complete muddle of it all. I notice it's a lot worse when I'm feeling particularly anxious as my mind just can't focus on what's being said.