being "hidden"

Started by Rubyfog, March 22, 2017, 06:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rubyfog

I'm new in and noted that some users are able to be hidden when online. I'd really like to know how to do that. Secondly I have no idea how to add an avatar...any advice very welcome'd
Thanks

mourningdove

Welcome, Rubyfog!  :wave:

To appear hidden, all you have to do is go to "Account Settings" (at the top right of the screen, under your screen-name) and un-tick the box that says "Show others my online status."

For the avatar, you would go to "Forum Profile" (also under your screen-name, at the top right), and then you can select between 1. no avatar, 2. choose avatar from gallery, 3. specify avatar by URL, and 4. upload an avatar.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and I'll try to help. :)

radical

Isn't it ironic, don't you think?

(Another reference to her music).

Thanks for the link, I've bookmarked it.

Kizzie

Well tks so much for wading in to help Mourningdove!  :hug: 

Welcome Ruby  :heythere:

mourningdove

No problem, Kizzie!  :hug:

Quote from: radical on March 23, 2017, 05:34:24 AM
Isn't it ironic, don't you think?

(Another reference to her music).

Thanks for the link, I've bookmarked it.

Oopsy, radical - I think you meant to post that here: http://outofthefog.net/C-PTSD/forum/index.php?topic=5985.msg38230#msg38230

It still made me laugh. "It's like rayeeeayyyyynnn on your wedding day..." :)

Rubyfog

Rubyfog

Quote from: Kizzie on March 23, 2017, 04:36:44 PM
Well tks so much for wading in to help Mourningdove!  :hug: 

Welcome Ruby  :heythere:

Hihi!!!
:cheer:

radical

Welcome, Rubyfog.

Apologies for what must have seemed like a bewildering threadjack in this thread
I have no idea how my reply to Mourningdove, in a different topic, came to be posted here.  I had never read any of this topic until today.

I tend to assume my running Windows Vista is responsible for almost all weird computer things I encounter.

Rubyfog

Quote from: radical on April 02, 2017, 07:55:04 PM
Welcome, Rubyfog.

Apologies for what must have seemed like a bewildering threadjack in this thread
I have no idea how my reply to Mourningdove, in a different topic, came to be posted here.  I had never read any of this topic until today.

I tend to assume my running Windows Vista is responsible for almost all weird computer things I encounter.

No worries I could sus that it was a post replying to another post.  :)