Review of Karyl McBride's book

• 3 Replies

Candid

• The world will always treat me as I treat myself
    • View Profile
Review of Karyl McBride's book
« on: March 24, 2017, 01:06:15 PM »
I no longer have my copy but I don't think she mentions CPTSD. However, Will I Ever Be Good Enough? is a great read for anyone who had a tough childhood relationally, and includes lots of helpful strategies.

https://psychcentral.com/lib/will-i-ever-be-good-enough-healing-the-daughters-of-narcissistic-mothers/

Butterfly

• Administrator
  • Flying Free
    • View Profile
Re: Review of Karyl McBride's book
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 10:58:52 PM »
My new favorite book. It's like a complete outline to healing. After telling through part one and two I made a workbook out of part three to tie up loose ends in my healing journey.

Wanttothrive

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 04:47:03 PM »
Just purchased it. Good to know it's good, my T recommended it as well as 'Becoming the Narcissistís Nightmare: How to Devalue and Discard the Narcissist While Supplying Yourself' By Shahida Narabi.
The title makes it sound like it's vindictive, but it isn't. It IS practical and a bit blunt.

Candid

• The world will always treat me as I treat myself
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 05:05:49 PM »
'Becoming the Narcissistís Nightmare: How to Devalue and Discard the Narcissist While Supplying Yourself' By Shahida Narabi.

LOL and :rofl:

The title makes it sound like it's vindictive, but it isn't.

Oh damn. I'm off to read a review anyway.

ETA. Oh double damn. It appears to be about narcissistic partners only. Is that right? I can't hit M over the head with it?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 05:09:00 PM by Candid »