Review of Karyl McBride's book

Started by Candid, March 24, 2017, 01:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candid

I no longer have my copy but I don't think she mentions CPTSD. However, Will I Ever Be Good Enough? is a great read for anyone who had a tough childhood relationally, and includes lots of helpful strategies.

https://psychcentral.com/lib/will-i-ever-be-good-enough-healing-the-daughters-of-narcissistic-mothers/

Butterfly

My new favorite book. It's like a complete outline to healing. After telling through part one and two I made a workbook out of part three to tie up loose ends in my healing journey.

Wanttothrive

Just purchased it. Good to know it's good, my T recommended it as well as 'Becoming the Narcissist's Nightmare: How to Devalue and Discard the Narcissist While Supplying Yourself' By Shahida Narabi.
The title makes it sound like it's vindictive, but it isn't. It IS practical and a bit blunt.

Candid

Quote from: Wanttothrive on April 25, 2017, 04:47:03 PM
'Becoming the Narcissist's Nightmare: How to Devalue and Discard the Narcissist While Supplying Yourself' By Shahida Narabi.

LOL and :rofl:

QuoteThe title makes it sound like it's vindictive, but it isn't.

Oh damn. I'm off to read a review anyway.

ETA. Oh double damn. It appears to be about narcissistic partners only. Is that right? I can't hit M over the head with it?