Has anybody found herbal treatments that work fo them for the symptoms of CPTSD?

Started by Badmemories, December 02, 2014, 10:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badmemories

I was on another board and I read of people who were using herbal methods for symptoms of CPTSD. I know of some things like camomile tea to get to sleep...Was thinking maybe some of those type of things might be helpful.

Keep on Keeping on!  ;) :hug:

zazu

My aunt and another friend use kava-kava for their anxiety, and it works well for them. I tried it and it made me feel weird, so YMMV. :P

There is a Japanese tea called matcha (the powdered kind that's used in tea ceremonies) that brings on a very pure and soothing feeling. Warning, though - it's bitter and is pretty much an instant detoxifier - so mix it too strong and it will hit you like a ton of bricks! But you'll feel extremely peaceful afterward, lol.

Normally I don't use herbal remedies that much, but I do use supplements, like coQ10 and Sam-e, which are helpful for my depression and anxiety. Something entirely drug-free that's helped a lot are binaural beats. These are sounds that are meant to entrain brainwaves, and there are tons of them on youtube. The theta wave and gamma wave beats bring on an amazing feeling of peace and relaxation (at least for me).

Butterfly

Puritan Pride has Calm Tabs and one will give me a relaxed state to calm me during the day and four tablets help me sleep. GABA is the best for stopping the brain spinning that often keeps me up at night.

keepfighting

Have you thought of herbs that might have a soothing/calming scent?

Herbal teas don't do a lot for me, but scents do.

Badmemories

Thank You all for Your replies.. i am going to do more research.

@Keep fighting.

I have used lavender for My grand children. I started purchasing products under a childrens line that the GD's used. Then I started to buy other products that were cheaper and they seemed to work. They at least calmed down the GD's so they could sleep. Of course maybe it was the warm bath?  ???

Keep on Keeping on! ;)

keepfighting

Quote from: Badmemories on December 06, 2014, 07:26:50 PM
I have used lavender for My grand children. I started purchasing products under a childrens line that the GD's used. Then I started to buy other products that were cheaper and they seemed to work. They at least calmed down the GD's so they could sleep. Of course maybe it was the warm bath?  ???

Wow - that's a very powerful combination: Warmth, safe environment and levender scents. Your GDs will probably always/for a long time combine the scent of lavender with a feeling of warmth and feeling safety. The girls are so lucky to have you as a GM (...and you are so lucky to have such lovely GDs  :cheer:).

I also love the smell of lavender. Fresh peppermint and citrus scents usually cheer me up as well (small wonder a Mojito is my favorite cocktail ;D). Cinamon is a powerful and soothing scent for me - guess I combine it with candles, warm baked apples with cinamon and sugar on top and the pre-christmas exitement at my own GMs place when I was a little girl.