Disclosing some of my childhood sexual abuse - Trigger Warnings

Started by Hope66, March 28, 2017, 06:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hope67

Hi Feral Child,
I am so sorry that I didn't see your reply till today (24th August 2019) - so much later than when you wrote here.  I am Hope67 and was originally Hope66 too, so I started this thread, and I found that Wife2's Mama-Bear has been so powerful in my processing of my experiences, and I still think of her at night, and feel more protected as a result of that.  I am so glad to hear that you have found this thread to be particularly important to you, and that it has helped reinforce the truth that your own memories of childhood CSA are valid, that is very good to hear.  I also agree with you about what you said about Andyman73's wisdom and kindness and his optimistic outlook for what is ahead, and I have drawn strength from that too. 
So thank you for writing what you wrote, and for having the strength to do that, as I can see you want to write more, and you felt overwhelmed, but you wrote many things here.  I hope you are ok, and I wish you the best.
Hope  :)

Not Alone

Hope,
I have not read your most recent posts as I fear it may be too triggering for me right now. However, without knowing details, want to send you support and compassion.

Feral Child

Dear Hope 67 - Thank you for your kind and understanding reply.  Please don't feel concern for not replying sooner.  I've been away from the forum processing a lot of stuff.  The nice thing is that I see overall healing in spite of a few bad days.  I attribute so much of my progress to the gentle support and inspiration I find here on this thread and the forum as a whole.

We all have to find our own way to navigate the treacherous past but we are not alone.   Heartfelt thanks to all who are here.  To quote from a favorite You Tuber, "I'm sending you all a big hug."
:bighug: