How often do you see your Therapist?

Started by lostsoul, April 11, 2017, 07:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostsoul

Just curious.  I am seeing mine once every 2 weeks.  The past 2 weeks have been a real struggle and I wonder if I should be seeing T every week.

sorrygirl

Hi lostsoul,

I've been seeing my therapist once a week for the last year. We tried to go twice a week a few months ago but I am not ready yet.

If I'd listen to myself, I'll see her everyday!!!

Blueberry

mostly once a week, unless I or my therapist can't for some reason in a particular week. I could manage every 2 weeks by now but I want to get through the trauma exposure part of the therapy before my T retires.

sanmagic7

when i was in crisis, i went twice a week.  otherwise, once a week, which i always thought was the norm, so to speak, but it can differ according to what the client needs.  you might want to speak to your t if you feel you need more help/support for a bit.  maybe you can see your t more often.  best to you with this. 

Quiet One

Lostsoul, I go every 2 weeks most of the time, but if there's a lot going on or I'm struggling for any reason I go weekly. Wishing you the best.   

Slow River

How often I go is determined by my insurance policy.

Three Roses

Wasn't sure I'd like mine when I started - so we started once a month, now going every two weeks, will probably increase to once a week as he originally wanted.

Blackbird

I go every two weeks, if I go once a week I'm too imersed in my problems, can't focus and it's a waste of both our time and money (well, not for him, but he's empathic lol). I used to go once a month, but since this whole PTSD ordeal happened I started to go more often.

texannurse

Lostsoul - I started with once a week but now go twice a week - I  guess I'm in a crisis phase - dealing with lots of different things at once and struggling to stay sane. CPTSD is kicking my tail!

Bee123

Once a week in the beginning. But recently I had a "relapse", and I am seeing her twice a week, although there were a couple weeks where I saw her 3 times/week. Unfortunately this therapist is not covered under my insurance, but I still go with her anyway because we connect (I tried 3 in-network therapist and none of them worked for me). Treatment is expensive